Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear poodle friends

my dog 15 months dwarf poodle has a sticky left eye again and again. i don't think it is a real conjunctivitis. i wash it out with drops and after 2-3 days it is gone again. however, she has had it about 3 or 4 times within 1 month! All the time!
What is it? I read that poodles have it more often? what can I do?

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Has she been checked by your vet? It could be Distichiasis - ingrowing eyelashes - which can be very painful and cause ulcers if not treated. I would definitely get her a vet appointment as soon as possible, just in case.

Reactions: Puppy Love

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,475 Posts
Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), or dry eye, is an ocular condition commonly diagnosed in dogs. It is less common in other species. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca results most often from an inadequate quantity of tears or a deficient quality of tears.
It looks like conjunctivitis but is more serious, inadequate tears or no tears can cause painful corneal abrasions if untreated, eventually damaging the corneals,, ultimately causing Blindness.
See a vet

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
omg this sounds very very bad! I did see my vet last week, he told me its only an irritation of the eye and that I shouldn't worry but that day, the eye looked normal.
I must google this Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS)

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
If your vet has already seen her I would be rather less worried. Does the inflammation come on seasonally? Could it be an allergic reaction to something in the environment, inside or out? I would try to get her in to the vet when it next flares up, or at the very least take photos and videos to show them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, maybe you re right. Yes she has it more now in spring / summer, maybe its allergic. I'll see the vet soon because now its there all the time :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts