Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a white faced pup? Should I be concerned about the pink/red around her one eye? She has had it from the time we have had her and she is about 12 weeks...we keep her eyes wiped clean...

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Has she seen the vet ? It might be an infection. If she hasn’t I would make an appointment. If she has and the vet has seen it and wasn’t worried, it might just be her pigmentation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She will be seen for her second well appt in the next week. Unfortunately bc of covid our vet is taking the dogs in, providing care and returning. I had it on my list and didn't get to it the first time.

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
Do you have a closer picture of it? (I know, getting a puppy to hold still while you stick a camera on her face is almost impossible. )

Does she seem more sensitive to light in one eye?

White faced dogs are prone to tear staining. You are smart to get ahead of the problem by keeping her face clean. Additionally since she is a brown based parti, it's quite possible that the rims of one or both eyes are naturally pinkish. Brown dogs have liver colored noses and eyelids instead of black noses. Parti spots landing on the nose and eye will further lighten the skin. (My boy Pogo has a pink dot inside one of his nostrils corresponding to a white snip on his muzzle.)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
She will be seen for her second well appt in the next week. Unfortunately bc of covid our vet is taking the dogs in, providing care and returning. I had it on my list and didn't get to it the first time.
Maybe call and have it sooner. It looks uncomfortable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a closer picture of it? (I know, getting a puppy to hold still while you stick a camera on her face is almost impossible. )

Does she seem more sensitive to light in one eye?

White faced dogs are prone to tear staining. You are smart to get ahead of the problem by keeping her face clean. Additionally since she is a brown based parti, it's quite possible that the rims of one or both eyes are naturally pinkish. Brown dogs have liver colored noses and eyelids instead of black noses. Parti spots landing on the nose and eye will further lighten the skin. (My boy Pogo has a pink dot inside one of his nostrils corresponding to a white snip on his muzzle.)

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
To me it seems like the pink third eyelid is making things look extra bad. I don't know if that degree of pink is normal for your girl or not. It would be worth asking the vet just to be sure. My brown parti boy Snarky always had bloodshot eyes; he could look demonic at times. I posted a picture in another thread. Puppy Eyes

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
My guess is that she's fine and what you're seeing is a result of irregular pigmentation because she's parti. But you can check with the vet to make sure.

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
I can't really tell from the photo, but is it her third eyelid that's concerning you? Here are Peggy's mismatched parti eyes:

Her one white lid makes any redness stand out much more. It also looks more prominent, despite being the exact same size as her darker lid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts