Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My girlfriend Justine Cosley is going to be on there, so is Angela Kumpe and Lori Craig. I asked Justine if she needs me to go along to do HER hair and make-up. She is on this board too. I'll see if she can come on and give more details.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got back from the TLC press junket in NYC. What a blast. I met all the TLC stars. They guys from OCC loved Silas, I got to eat Cakeboss cake, meet the little people, ect..

It's one show, but if they have good feedback, they will turn it into a series and follow the girls from show to show. If they come to Hershey, I will be featured. I did get picked to go to pasadena, but they originally wanted us to go from white dog to fully colored in 2 days and that's not how I roll. It takes me several weeks or months to do a creation, depending on the intricacy. Many of the girls refused to do it, so TLC listened to us, and they changed the rules, but it was too late for me to get a straight flight and I couldn't connect with my dog. my dog's happiness and wellbeing is my first priority. I'm kind of down knowing that I could have been featured, but I had to stick to my convictions. Oh well, I got to go to the party.

We really hope it will show the true side of creative grooming, not the negative things people assume. I hope you like it, and if you do, please let TLC know.

It airs June 13th at 9pm and Lori and Angela, 2 of the top competitors should be on the today show between the 8th and 11th. Keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know I will be tuning in - I think it is amazing how creative groomers can be. I personally do not understand why people get so upset about dyeing/creatively shaving a dog - my understanding is that most people are using food coloring/chalk/dog safe dyes. I know that if I were to get a white poodle they could well be green for much of the Eagles football season or other important holidays haha.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, doggystyles! I'm looking forward to watching this. Sorry you didn't get to go, but good for you for sticking by your convictions. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the info, so interested in this aspect of grooming, never see it here in Florida it's illegal to color dogs!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Even with non-toxic chalk?
Yep, even with chalk.

828.161 Prohibiting artificial coloring and sale of certain animals and fowls; construction.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to dye or color artificially any animal or fowl, including but not limited to rabbits, baby chickens, and ducklings, or to bring any dyed or colored animal or fowl into this state.

(2) It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, or give away as merchandising premiums, baby chickens, ducklings, or other fowl under 4 weeks of age or rabbits under 2 months of age to be used as pets, toys or retail premiums.

(3) This section shall not be construed to apply to any animal or fowl, including but not limited to rabbits, baby chickens, and ducklings to be used or raised for agricultural purposes by persons with proper facilities to care for them or for poultry or livestock exhibitions.

(4) Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

As you can see, it's not because it's harmful to the animals. Most of these laws were made to protect the buying and selling and abandonment of baby chicks and bunnies who were colored at easter and then abandoned in droves once their colors wore off. In other states it was to protect people from stealing cattle at altering their markings. Some laws just added "or any other animal"
Any breeder who shows dogs should want this law amended. If you would "enhance" your dogs colors (which is usually illegal for shows but we all know is done) you could be arrested. This law is so vague, can you use whitening chalk? Denose nose? or any other types of coloring. It's a stretch, but according to this law it's illegal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Mimi!
I had a great time with you also and will never forget your kindness. I owe you a drink;) I joined in April. I decided not to cord frankie. It's just too much work for me, but I'm in awe of those that can. I might be back to Pasadena, someone offered my a Llama to groom creatively. Gotta check the rules on that. lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I ever come back to Cali, I'm staying a week. it was beautiful.

EP will air 3 times that week. Here is a link to the other listing times. we are already getting flack. But we knew we would. Honestly, I can totally understand if it's not someone's cup of tea. I respect that. I agree it's not for every dog. I'd never do it to a dog that doesn't like it. I really hope this show shows how much the dogs DO like it. And that we do not treat them like dolls. They are our partners and we couldn't do it without them.

Ok, enough for my rant. Here is the link.

TLC :: TV Listings :: Extreme Poodles

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
June 13th at 9pm? Serious? That's the exact timing of the premier of True Blood season 3.. That has prority!
HERE HERE sister!!
our family room tivo is on over load because I'm recording both of those ((True Blood and Extreme Poodles)) while watching another premiere in my room xD
read the books fluffy they'll make you swooooooooooooooooon over the show even more!

and I'm very excited to see the show XD I love the peacock lol

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
HERE HERE sister!!
our family room tivo is on over load because I'm recording both of those ((True Blood and Extreme Poodles)) while watching another premiere in my room xD
read the books fluffy they'll make you swooooooooooooooooon over the show even more!

and I'm very excited to see the show XD I love the peacock lol
Bitch please! I'm already on book 8, From Dead to Worse! ;D

I'll see if I can manage to record Extreme Poodles on the family tv, we got new cable and I haven't touched it since.. But all the other groomers at my work and I are getting together next sunday to all watch True Blood together.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
lmao yay!!
:DDD

I think book 7 is my favourite out of all 10 :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts