Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a standard poodle over the next year and have these four breeders on my radar, wondering if anyone has any experiences with them and their poodles, both positive and negative. We're looking for a healthy poodle with a great temperament who will be good with children; looks and color less important. Four breeders we've looked at so far (phone calls and emails): Lido (Nevada), Ash's Mystical (Nevada), Desert Reef (Utah), and B Poodles (California).

Price points are $2,000 to $3,000. At least 3 of the breeders (I forgot about the 4th) offers 2- to 3-year genetic health guarantees and all say that they do multiple health screenings of parents. All have been pleasant on the phone or through email.

How does one decide? I'd appreciate any experiences you might have with any of them. Would LOVE to hear from people who have poodles from any of these breeders who are older (like 7 or older) and still in great shape physically and mentally, and good temperaments.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I live on the other coast, so I haven't had extended contact with any of these breeders. However, several years ago I was in southern Nevada to help a relative, and both Susie at Lido and Marie at Ash's Mystical were responsive and helpful. I know it's not much to go on, but they took the time to respond to someone who was unlikely to be a customer.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I believe that Susie from Lido standard poodles is the longest continuous breeder of apricot and red standard poodles in the US. She is also an AKC judge, she judges obedience as well as a few breeds in conformation, have know her for about 30 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts