Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moonrise Poodles is a relatively new breeder in SC; I believe she only started around 2016. She breeds parti minis and moyens. According to her website and gooddog.com, she does all the appropriate health testing and is more than willing to show papers. Her website is currently unfinished (she only started it about a month ago), so it doesn't currently list all her sires/dams. I think it still has good info, though.

She has bred with Anna-Ash poodles (who has been recommended here a lot), so I hope that means they trust her. She is also Facebook friends with the owners of Eaglehill-South, Shiann, and Tintlet (also very reputable breeders here). I'm also hoping that means they trust her?

She no longer allows home visits due to the pandemic, but she said she is willing to do a FaceTime call to show me around her house, which I thought was very honest. In our emails she has also been open about providing OFA links.

I'm not going to lie that I'm in love with parti poodles, so I am very interested in her kennel. However, I am wary because she is new.

Here is her website and her Facebook:

Super Moderator
She's covered a lot of ground and put in the work in past five years so I wouldn't exactly consider her as new. She shows, is connected with excellent breeders, and her health testing mentioned here is thorough. She doesn't dock tails so if a long fluffy tail is fine with you, no problem. I like that she doesn't remove the dewclaws either, they do have a useful purpose; dewclaws mainly seem to be a problem for dogs used for hunting.

Are you planning to purchase a pup outright, or go with her guardianship program? If the latter, think carefully about the contract and expectations. Hers sounds fair but these are always a long term commitment and far more work than people are prepared to do.

Super Moderator
Based on what I've read I would certainly consider her if I were looking for a puppy for myself right now. I don't know personally know anyone who has bought from her.

Registered
The owner is very nice and has Nova鈥檚 sister (not on her site) . She has been in touch with me and sends me updates which I so appreciate. It was a tough situation that Nova鈥檚 sister was in and finding out that she was able to get her I felt such a relief. I know she is planning on getting her hips checked and DNA has already been done so she does health test. I鈥檝e only heard good things about Moonrise.

Updated to say Nova sister passed her OFA鈥檚 馃槏.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts