Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have truly enjoyed learning from and being entertained by this forum!
I have a question:
Sam (spoo) is now 15 weeks old. He is of course very active and energetic. We play fetch with him inside (our yard is not yet fenced). He also gets two walks a day, about 2 square blocks. My question is, how much exercise do you recommend for puppies? And, are walks on pavement acceptable? There are no parks very near :eek:hwell: and none are fenced. He does not seem exhausted by his walks by any means, if anything he always comes home energized and ready for puppy mischief!
Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
139 Posts
My Spoo is about the same age as yours I walk her two times a day for a half mile on a gravel Path. She is not tired when we get home so I thin take her and play ball with her for 30 to 40 mins.(how ever long she wants to play). She is tired after that and will go sleep for a while. I dont know if this is that anwser you where looking for tho.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Walks on pavement are fine, just no running. Poodles are dogs who seem to benefit and tire more from working (like learning commands, etc), rather than walks. The poodle is ALWAYS ready for more, even after a three mile walk :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts