Poodle Forum banner

Exercise and your poodle (and maybe you)

• 2 hrs + daily

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 1 hr + daily

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • less 1hr daily

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • None, but they just run around our property

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The occasional walk

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Only on the weekends

• NONE!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much exercise everyone's pets get, because today we had an annual check up on our spoo, and the vet got a shock because she had such a low heart rate and said she must be extremely fit.

My spoo gets obedience and agility training on tuesdays and wednesdays,
plus she spends most of her time running around our 30 acres with the other dogs, chasing the cats/possums/rabbits/anything that moves fast etc.

We usually go for a long walk in the weekend, but we haven't for a while because we have just moved house and it was the middle of winter etc

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mine get the occasional walk, between work, home, taking care of baby, and four dogs...you will wonder where I find the time for the occasional walk. :p

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
How can the poll be about exercise and this not considered exercise "None, but they just run around our property"? None, but running around is not exercise? L O L.

Moose runs around the property and I darn sure count that as exercise :) He's out of shape right now since I was sick but he still runs at least a mile a day hehe.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
My spoos run our 10 acres with our golden every day. NO lack of excercise there! They are very fit and go riding with us with the horses too. We also take them out once a week to a pond usually where we walk them around and let them go off leash if we can. This means we actually walk with them....LOL; something we don't get to do too often because we are so busy.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Todd, maybe I missed something, didn't realize that you had been sick. Whatever was wrong with you, hope that you are feeling better now.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Living in San Francisco, there is not much running around the property, lol, even though we have a nice backyard that is completely fenced in and full privacy. The furbabies get 2+ hours of exercise per day (yes, even the Havanese who thinks he is a spoo). Both walks are off leash. The morning one is either at the ocean or at a huge park, the afternoon one is at another, but smaller park and they get planty of exercise.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
mine are not getting the exercise they should be getting. I just wish they would run around their big yard but they dont' = they stand by the door looking for me. I havent been able to walk them - caring for a sick brother - its always something! I let Teddy out near the pool and he runs around it and won't run away - I am afraid Ginger will run in the road.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NONE!!!

and

None, but they run around the property

means that 'NONE' we have small property so can't really run around

"None, but they run around the property" means we have big property so they get lots of exercise (as you can't really time it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts