Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lovely people,

My baby Kija is a smart six months old female toy/mini poodle. She is toilet trained and goes out to do her business through the doggy door. HOWEVER sometimes when she is playing or jumping or simply waking up, she leaves small paddles or some urine drops in the house. This can happen immediately after she has done her business or when I have asked her to go but she hasn’t shown any sign of needing to. Do you think this is because of excitement? Does she grow out of it anytime soon? What should I do to make her not do it anymore?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Cheers, Mahtab

·
Registered
321 Posts
Super common, I'm afraid, and I have no suggestions. My spoo didn't stop excitement peeing until she was at least 10 months, and i think the littler dogs may take longer. When they are small, they just don't have bladder control. I learned to introduce her to new dogs and people outside, though she quickly only excitement peed for the first new person/dog, so I could bring her inside after meeting the first person.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've talked with my trainer about this because Violet will sometimes pee with excitement. I was advised to keep greetings low key. I believe this would work really well, but people get so excited to see a cute puppy and then tinkle happens... I'm hopeful she will grow out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. I hope my puppy grows out of this as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Just remember that, as FWoP said, at 6 months, her body is only just becoming mature enough to more fully control her functions. It should lessen as she gets older, and, as Newport mentioned, keep greetings low key, and know what her other triggers are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts