Poodle Forum banner

Excited???

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Poodle Lover 
#1 ·
Ok, so this is a weird question....but here it goes.

Marley was neutered about 4 weeks ago, but sometimes his little red "lipstick" comes out of his pee pee. I've read that it can happen around other dogs or to show extreme excitement. BUT, it seems to happen at just random times. Sometimes it's huge...sometimes it's not. Why does that happen? Is he okay? Should his hormones work themselves out after a few months after being neutered?

#2 ·
Alot of people ask this question and for most neutered males it will go away once all the testosterone has gone from his system. But some will keep doing it out of excitement, its a submissive gesture and nothing to be worried over unless it never goes back in or has a bloody discharge.

I've never heard it called lipstick before XD

#4 ·
Ha! We call it his "red rocket" and yes, it seems to come out when he is in an excited mood. (My Marley is 4). I'm not sure that it's a sign of submission, though. My Marley is seldom if ever submissive, and sometimes we'll see it when he is being otherwise dominant (e.g., putting his paws on us). Either way, though, I agree that it is nothing to worry about.

#5 ·
Poodles are "paw" dogs. All three of mine and almost every one I have fostered or met have been very handsy ;)

Most submissive signs are subtle, ears back, eyes wide, yawing, licking, low tail, exposed belly etc.. this is just another one where he is so over stimulated by something with the hormones making the blood rush it just happens. Like some dogs will urinate when they are over excited/stimulated.

#6 ·
Poodles are "paw" dogs. All three of mine and almost every one I have fostered or met have been very handsy ;)

Most submissive signs are subtle, ears back, eyes wide, yawing, licking, low tail, exposed belly etc.. this is just another one where he is so over stimulated by something with the hormones making the blood rush it just happens. Like some dogs will urinate when they are over excited/stimulated.
They are def. paw dogs.

I was playing frisbee with moose and he caught the frisbee in his paws and then moved it to his mouth!! It was amazing I wish Ihad it on video. He also 'plays soccer' with his ball toys.

Also, moose looks FUNNY when he gets scared and his ears go back.. L O L!!!!
Ears back, eyes wide open, he knows when he has done something wrong!!!!

#9 ·
Lou and Apollo use paws as hands its so cute! And yes since I havent had a male dog since I was a child I was wondering about that pee pee thing too.
Since we got him, it only happened a couple of times for a couple of seconds
He is neutered as well

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.