Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mini aged 3 called Coco.
I'm interested to know what excercise other mini owners give their dogs.
Coco is a very tall girl and weighs in at 13 pounds, according to my dog book she's a bit too tall and slightly underweight.
She get a 3 or 4 mile walk in the morning up to the woods and a swim in the lake.
In the afternoon/early evening she gets 4 or 5 miles round the woods with me on my mountain bike.
Twice a week we do a fell/mountain run this is 11 miles, me on my bike again, this is about 2 to 3 hours with lots of big ups and downs at a steady pace.
On these days that is all she does.
She never seems tired though and is always ready for another walk.
Does this seem too much? she absolutely loves to be out in the wilds and is very fit.

opinions please

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Rock on!

I'm always telling people how athletic and fun Miniature Poodles are and no one ever seems to believe me. I'm going to save your post to show to folks. John Suter, who ran the Iditarod with an all Standard Poodle team, said that he originally got the idea from the fact that his Miniature Poodle could keep up with his snowmobile. :)

It sounds like you guys are having a blast. As long as Coco can keep up without struggling, then there is no reason not to continue doing what you are doing. Understand though that a Mini is not a quitter, so be careful that you don't ask too much of her. She might hurt herself. (i.e. I wouldn't do much more distance on the bike than you are doing now.)

I thought you might enjoy seeing Jib's page to see another extreme Mini athlete: index

1 - 2 of 2 Posts