Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't Look Jenn, I know you don't like it :p I still have the post you made about his comformation/clip that I printed out. Haha, I keep it at work along with his client card LoL.

Okie, so this clip is starting to look better. Remember it's been undergoing major changes in the last few months. In April I had to shave him down because of matting and we have been regrowing and tweeking since then.
The orgional set of pictures are here in this thread http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=1549

I'm sneaking the jacket backwards a little bit to provide more balance. Hopefuly that'll be ok, if he starts peeing on it though it'll have to be clipped farther forward (which looks a little dumb). Keeping the photo diary of sorts on his clip has been entertaining lol. I certainly notice more from the photos when I go back and look at them, than I do during the actual groom. I am usualy tired of him by the time we are nearing the end and bored so the pictures help a lot.

At this stage his jacket is still growing out and has not yet been scissored though I think I will start next time. His bracelets are a little high as well, especialy in the front. She likes them bigger, but I think I may lower them again and see what she says. She's the kind of client who notices things but not always right away. LOL. I'm thinking the rosettes are well on their way to looking the way that they should. The hips are the only thing other than the pattern work I did this week. I didn't touch the ankels, jacket, topknot or anything else. Just the rosettes and the clipper work.

Here is what he looks like now :) I think it's an improvement for him, but then I might be a tad blind. I

·
Registered
875 Posts
its looking good, I looked at the other pictures

I have the pee problem with my White show boy too, so I sneak a U shaped patch on his belly, just in front of his willie

honestly, you are a better person then me I would have probally driven this person to a short clip or away from my business
because im mean and hate de-matting for the dogs sake any way
:sheep:

·
Registered
646 Posts
You got patience girl I could never be that nit picky to have that style.
I was just gonna post why not let it go back farther but make a U or a V under his belly so it is not noticable when walking him or to the avarage person who probably wonders why he is so big for a poodle.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actualy for the longest time he had a stipe shaved from winky to chest on his belly. You didn't notice it if he was standing in profile or comming at you. Mostly that had to do with matting, I don't ever demat a dog's belly or private area - Ouch! Can you imagine?? *shudders*

I was speaking to his owner and was shocked that she asked if maybe we should keep him at the length he is now, just scissor him to be even and not let it grow out much more... maybe another inch at the most. YAY! I think she's falling in love with the shorter and easier to maintain hair. Now if I can just convince her that she still needs to brush his bracelets and crest even though they are on the shorter side we'll be all set. She seems to think that his bracelets are never ever matted for some reason? His back ones always are a bit matted. This last time they were starting to cord... I took pictures to show her but they didn't come out well. Luckily the hair was oily and they brushed out with almost no effort at all. He didn't even notice, just stood there wagging his tail. I swear one day that tail of his is going to give out and fall off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts