Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of Evie's new haircut.
This is my first time ever attempting to do a Miami-clown clip on her.
I did her body with a 3 and 3/4 blade, her feet were shaved with a thirty along with her face and base of the neck, and the base of her tail was done with ten blade. The rest of it was scissored.
I would love suggestions on how to make her bracelets look more bracelet-like, and how to make her topknot look a little less bulky.
The change is incredible, everyone I pass now calls her a poodle and not a doodle!

I attached some photos of her.

Sorry about her red eyes on one of the photos, for some reason the camera makes them look like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your kind words.
Thank you MF for the advice regarding her bracelets, I think I will do my best to let them grow more length before I make up my mind whether or not to start shaping them or just let them be wild.

I have a question for you all.
Which do you like better, a curly body or a high velocity dried body?

I like all of Evie's wonderful curls myself.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
You did a great job.

I use a 5 on Babykin’s body, a 10 on her sanitary and her pompoms are longer. You definitely need some contrast in length of body versus pompoms.

Won’t take long to grow the pompoms longer.

·
Super Moderator
3,827 Posts
Kudos to you and to Evie for cooperating for the groom!

As for the red eyes, shots w/o a flash usually doesn't have this problem, especially outdoors in sunlight. There are ways to avoid this with some cameras but maybe someone else here can help you, depending on the camera.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your advice about the red eyes, Vita!

I wish I could shave Evie down with 5 blade but that would make her ribs show more than they already do.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
She looks great! Such a pretty girl.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Super good job! She is a very pretty girl!

Reactions: EVpoodle
1 - 14 of 14 Posts