Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided that I wanted to have some fun so I patiently waited until the gate opened and then I slipped outside. I had a wonderful time chasing those pesky squirrels! I almost caught one, but at the last minute he ran up a tree. So after I got bored with the squirrels, so then I decided that I wanted to go and chase some cars. Sadly the cars did not want to play with me. After that, I began to get rather lonely and sad. I tried to get back inside but the gate was shut. So I began to despair about ever getting back to my soft bed. Just then my mom came running down the steps and called for me, I arose from my cloud of despair and went running to her, after a quick game of chase I let her grab me and bring me back into the warm house. Now I am happily curled up on my bed taking a nice long nap.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Squirrels are fun but cars are Dangerous - my Mum calls out "Poppy - cars dangerous!" if one is coming close when I don't have my lead on and I run to her and jump into her arms where it is safe. That's why you need to take a human with you when you go out of the gate, just in case there are dangerous things, and to let you back in afterwards - even Sophy who is very brave says not to go out without one. We are glad you got home safely - my Mum says your Mom must have been very frightened, and very glad to see you waiting there.

Poppy xx

[How old is Evie, and has she been spayed? The only time Sophy went off adventuring alone was when her first season started, and she took herself off to visit the terrier down the road, with me in hot and frantic pursuit! fjm]

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear vie,

OH Evie you must NOT do that anymore! It is dangerous! You could have been dognapped and never seen your Mom again or gotten run over by a car or even been attacked by a big mean dog or a coyote could've eaten you! The world beyond your gate is very, very, unpredictable! And DO learn to "COME" when your Mom calls you cuz it could save your life! But I am glad your Mom found you safe!

Your Friend,
MOLLY

Reactions: kontiki

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Oh my Evie, I m so glad you are safe. I agree with what all of those other people said. And you are way too young to be having sex and getting pregnant if that is what you were after. Stay safe by your Mom for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Dear Evie,

I’m a big guy and I never go outside the gate without my humans. The female had to practice a lot with treats and cuddles for me to sit inside and wait. My job and all of my favorite stuff is inside the gate, not outside. I’m glad you didn’t get lost.

Your pal,

Buck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts