Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For one, Nicholas Sean Johnson (aka Cletus the Fetus). :preggers:

We have set a date for said eviction but it's a secret. I found out the date today and then I was given the option to postpone it and maybe even cancel it entirely and go into labor on my own. Yup I'm doing that much better pregnancy wise, less of a worry.
I am however officially scheduled for Feb the X, which is really really soon, and the final say will come I guess either Thursday or Monday. Going in tomorrow for lab work :rolffleyes: I have to do that every week!! Yuck! Anyway after that I go back on Thursday morning for another round of monitoring, follow up with the doctor, and an another ultrasound. After that we'll see what happens and what needs to be decided. Probably I will still have to be induced, which is Ok, but one can hope.

The date is being kept under wraps because of some dysfunctional family issues. My parents are divorced and hate each other. Momma wouldn't allow my dad to give me away at my wedding, didn't even want to invite him as a matter of fact and was THRILLED when we was unable to attend the reception (grandma - his mom - had a heart attach five minutes before the cerimony and was rushed to the hospital), so that gives you an idea of what kind of issues we're dealing with here. My grandparents (mom's parents) are going to be out of the country until the end of that week so there will be nobody to keep the peace between the two. So I am thinking of just not telling anyone when until it's already begun or it's all over. I am trying to decide which is more stressful, having nobody but John at the hospital the entire time and hearing a bunch of crap about it later from annoyed and maybe slightly hurt family members OR having them all there (except peace keeping grandparents) at the same time without supervision and worrying about possible blood shed in the waiting room. My mother will make it very uncomfortable for my step mother and two sisters no doubt. :(

Can't wait until Thursday, might be my last little peek at Nicholas before he is born, always fun. He's head down, low and ready to go. Been having regular contractions for a month now and am starting to make progress. Not looking forward to the exam part of Thursday but I will be able to find out just how much progress we've already made. I could do without some of the cramping though.... Also keeping my finger's crossed that I'll get permission to go to an agility trial this weekend. I want to take Saleen and let her walk around, good social skills time, plus one of my little tibsters that I bred is running and I want to see him. Then Sunday Jazz has a public education thing we are taking her to, taking Saleen as well but she isn't likely to let people pet her. Hoping I can have permission to go to both events :) Ugh, 'cept it means I HAVE to gather the energy to groom the girls this week.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I can't tell you what to do, I don't know exactly what your family dynamic is like, but I would just have John there. Tell your mother it's b/c she makes things stressful and if ever there is a time you don't need any added stress...
I have no idea why your parents don't get along, but they should be able to put things aside for the sake of their children and their grandchildren. JMO.

I don't have any contact w/ my father, his choice at first, now mine. He's a loser, according to my brother who has had contact w/ him and his own mother. My poor grandma has to bail him out of trouble all the time, it's so sad how he treats her. I don't believe he has anything positive to add to my life. I'm honestly a teensy bit glad I have been able to visit my grandparents in years b/c they live very close to him. I would be expected to visit him and there would be drama when I refused.

Anyway, yippee that Nicholas' arrival is iminent!!!!! Woo hoo! Focus on him and ignore the other stuff.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If your parents' relationship is strained, just have your husband there for the birth. You don't need any added stress. I know plenty of people who wait to tell family that the baby is born and home :lol: I know we didn't tell my in-laws until after he was born (although there was NO risk of them coming to the hospital in Hawaii), but we just didn't want the stress of constant phone calls. My mom was the one to actually call them, and they didn't really care because the baby was born. Best of luck with your induction! I hope it goes very smoothly :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John is definitly going to be the only one in the actual delivery room, as much as I would like my sister to be there in there for the labor part, just not the delivery part. John and I talked about that months ago and actually it was his idea to kick any other support person I might have out when it comes time to push (weird b/c I think this is when you need the extra support lol) and him being the only one there. I kind of think it's sweet in a way. He says that he dosn't want anyone else to see the baby before we do (obvioulsy excluding the doctor and any helping nurse). I've already told him he cannot watch from over the doctor's shoulder which if left to his own devices he would certainly do. He loves gross stuff like that lol... he really misses being a working EMT. Maybe it's a nasty thing to think about but he can't wait to cut the cord and see what might come out of it... weirdo! He's definitly not going to be the fainting type. Hahaha, he as trying to peek during my first *ahem* extra personal exam on that first '**** I'm pregnant" doctor's visit. He as supposed to stay up my head but I caught him trying to discreetly look over the sheet, guess he was curious. The doctor almost fell off her chair when I yelled at him to knock it off because obviously he' already seen it or we wouldn't be here in the first place.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I ended up having a c-section, with my first I know he didn't see anything, as he held my Nicholas (great name!) by my head for a few moments until they upped my oxygen and made me sleepy :lol: My second though, to get the baby they had him walk around the curtain and he got a peek, he said it was gross :lol:

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
It must be from years of watching puppies being born...I don't think it's gross, I think it is beautiful!!! I was my sister's birthing coach when my nephew was born, and my daughter had her partner, me, my Mom and my fiance in the room when my grandson was born. What a privilege both times.

I wish you the very best for a safe delivery. I also pray for some harmony in your family. My daughter calls our entire extended family dysfunction junction, but when it is all said and done, we are all there for each other for the big things. But some families just seem to have a real trial coming to grips with some things, and delivery day is not the time you should be dealing with their nonsense. That day should be all positve and comforting.

Good thought and prayers for a safe, stress free birthing day!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Exciting news!!! I have a very close family - we love each other deeply (it's sort of weird!) :lol:, but when I was in labor with Katy, I chose not to let anyone know until she was here. We lived in Minneapolis at the time and my whole family was still here in Bismarck, so maybe I just didn't want them to feel bad that they couldn't be there with me or something - I'm not really sure of my motives; just that I wanted it to be me and hubby for the birth... Then I started to have some complications and the dr. told me that if I didn't progress to his satisfaction in the next hour, he'd be going in to do a C-section... then I called my mom to tell her... we said some extra prayers and in exactly one hour the dr. came back in and said everything was moving along fine and Katy was born a few hours later...

It's your "birthday", too and you and John will do what feels right and what helps everyone be in the best state of mind!

Good luck and praying that all goes smoothly!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Congrats that you day is getting so near. Don't let the family thing get to you too much. My family and I all get along wonderfully but the same cannot be said for my husband. Sometimes its the best to not tell everyone everything to preserve the peace. Its too bad that it has to be that way but sometimes the options are limited.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
Might be better to leave the family at home if they can't leave their egos at the door.

A funny story about one of my co-workers and his firstborn. He was living in a small town in Europe when his wife went into labor. The local medical facility was a small clinic run by nuns. Being a first time dad, he was pacing around the waiting room annoying the heck out of everybody. Eventually the nuns ordered him to go home. Being a sensitive new age American guy, he felt his duty was to be by his wife's side. He refused to leave. Eventually the exasperated nuns called the constables. :effek:

Happily, as I said, this was a small European town. In America the situation would have gotten ugly at this point. Small European towns handle things much more wisely. Two burly constables promptly arrived to sort out the situation. They scooped him up, dragged him off to the local pub, and got him drunk. :rofl: A few hours later the nuns called the pub. The constables took him back to see his new kid and then drove him home to bed. He says he wishes he was still living there when the next two kids arrived.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Might be better to leave the family at home if they can't leave their egos at the door.

A funny story about one of my co-workers and his firstborn. He was living in a small town in Europe when his wife went into labor. The local medical facility was a small clinic run by nuns. Being a first time dad, he was pacing around the waiting room annoying the heck out of everybody. Eventually the nuns ordered him to go home. Being a sensitive new age American guy, he felt his duty was to be by his wife's side. He refused to leave. Eventually the exasperated nuns called the constables. :effek:

Happily, as I said, this was a small European town. In America the situation would have gotten ugly at this point. Small European towns handle things much more wisely. Two burly constables promptly arrived to sort out the situation. They scooped him up, dragged him off to the local pub, and got him drunk. :rofl: A few hours later the nuns called the pub. The constables took him back to see his new kid and then drove him home to bed. He says he wishes he was still living there when the next two kids arrived.
That is hilarious!!! Loved it!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Haha I know the eviction date, lol! I know you must be nervous, I couldn't sleep the night before due to fear and excitement-I promise it's going to be nothing, you'll do great. :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
John is definitly going to be the only one in the actual delivery room, as much as I would like my sister to be there in there for the labor part, just not the delivery part. John and I talked about that months ago and actually it was his idea to kick any other support person I might have out when it comes time to push (weird b/c I think this is when you need the extra support lol) and him being the only one there. I kind of think it's sweet in a way. He says that he dosn't want anyone else to see the baby before we do (obvioulsy excluding the doctor and any helping nurse). I've already told him he cannot watch from over the doctor's shoulder which if left to his own devices he would certainly do. He loves gross stuff like that lol... he really misses being a working EMT. Maybe it's a nasty thing to think about but he can't wait to cut the cord and see what might come out of it... weirdo! He's definitly not going to be the fainting type. Hahaha, he as trying to peek during my first *ahem* extra personal exam on that first '**** I'm pregnant" doctor's visit. He as supposed to stay up my head but I caught him trying to discreetly look over the sheet, guess he was curious. The doctor almost fell off her chair when I yelled at him to knock it off because obviously he' already seen it or we wouldn't be here in the first place.
This whole post is hysterical. xD

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think just having John there should be more then ok and the family will get over it eventually. lol

Im not sure if you looked into this yet but hospital policies on visitaion during delivery and while your in the hospital have really changed in some states. I found out yesterday that the hospitals here in Stanislaus County have changed the visitation policies because of the H1N1 and you can only have 2 visitors the whole time (has to be the same two people the entire time) and they wont let in siblings to meet there new brother/sister or see momma.

Its set by the individual counties and until the restrictions are lifted thats what the hospitals have to abide by. I see the reasoning but OMG is my 2 year old gonna have a time with out momma for 2 days. lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh how exciting for you and Hubby!! You guys must be so excited and nervous!!

When I had my first it was me, Hubby, my Mom, my two Aunts, my Cousin, my Mother-In-Law, two nurses and the doctor. There were so many people that no one could move! But it was fun. I definitely didn't have time to worry too much with everyone telling me it would be alright :)

For the second baby was me, Hubby, my Mom and only one Aunt and my other cousin. She told me during that this was the BEST birth control ever! LOL Hubby fell asleep during labor. I pushed for hours and hours and hours with my first. But with the second everything went much faster. When he fell asleep I was dialating well, but he was pretty clueless. While I was pushing the phone rang. He woke up and answered it. We were all quiet as he told his mom that nothing much was happening. She had plenty of time to get to the hospital. Well I pushed the little guy out with the next 15 minutes! We all thought it would have been funny if Hubby slept through the whole thing :)

My family doesn't get along well at all. My Mom and Dad hate each other and have made my life miserable. BUT when I went into labor I could really care less what they were doing. It was all about me and the baby (for once!) it was my drama. Sure we went right back to the their drama after wards, but at least the births were mine :) (and Hubby's of course!)

Again, congrats!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hehe Arreau, the first time I whelped a litter when I was in highschool I almost fainted. I can do it now no problems but for some reason people giving birth doesn't register in my brain the same way and I get grossed out. One of the first times I was in L&D on my own in December I got light headed because the lady in the room next door was in labor and obviously uncomfortable. It was all I could do not to throw up and I kept praying PLEASSSSEEE come and give me my shot so I can leave before I pass out!! Just barely made it LoL.

Cowpony... that not fair, wish I could get drunk before/during the birth LoL. We aren't even allowed to have champainge to celebrate afterwards. Against the rules which is a bummer b/c a bottle of bubbly was on the list of things to pack that I got out of one of my baby books lol. Nope, sparkling grape juice it is I suppose. Not really supposed to drink while your nursing anyhow so I suppose it's for the best.

Secreto; I *believe* they have already lifted the H1N1 restrictions here. I think it might help too that I am not delivering inside the actual hopsital but rather the birthing center attached to it. It is only connected in one place a little secret hallway on the second floor that requires an access code for doctors and nurses to move quickly from their offices in the medical building, by passing over the main hospital which is in between, to the birthing center to attend births. They had no issues the week after christmas when half my family (mom, grandparents, aunt and uncle) trooped themselves up to L&D for one of my NST's while my doc was on vacay and they had a full house at the time. Guess a lot of ladies were going for that news years baby and didn't quite make it. It was mortifying of course... Espcially when they ended up keeping my longer for contractions and everyone was annoyed because they were hungry and wanted to go to lunch lol (me included)

*fingers crossed* for you that your baby is Ok while you're in the hopsital. Has he ever really been away from you for very long before?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts