Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MomOfSassafras - Has been perm. banned for spamming members via PM. It has come to my attention that she was been spamming ALL NEW members here to her sites. It has been also reported that she has insulted numerous members via PM including myself as well as lied about members back and forth in PM and played "both sides".

Roxy25 - Has been banned for one day for harrassing MomOfSassafras... while MomOfSassafras went in circles, Roxy25 continued to "push" her in a harrassing manner. We do not allow harrasment... we allow sharing of knwowledge and disagreeing, and most importantly we allow people to agree to dissagee.We are a big family at Poodle Forum and we all are not always going to get along. Let's remember that we are here for the same reason, and be nice to each other : ) If anyone has a problem wtih anyone harassing them or spamming them be sure to let me know and I`ll take care of them.

I am also stepping up the moderating team to help assist in any problems that may arise.

If you have questions, or suggestions... then please post them here :)

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know all the terms. What is "spamming" and "PM". Want to be sure I don't do it!
PM = Private Message. Which is allowed : ) Just don't Spam.

Spam / Spamming is not "a canned meat made largely from pork"... it is "Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services."

Spamming would be considered promoting your non-personal site, competition to poodle forum (another poodle forum), etc. We don't mind if you share your personal poodle site but if that's all you are here to do or you just post threads with your site and "come visit"... that's not allowed either, and considered spam :)

Most people have nothing to worry about, and most who do it once or twice and are regular members get warned about it...

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy crap I've missed some things...
:tongue:

Not much... we've had more drama in the past.
Thankfully that's over, and the liar is gone :high5:

I just wanted to let people know what was up with two regulars.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
*Sigh*

Just to make things clear, I have no part of MomofSassafras's spamming
and have done nothing wrong here. Some time ago I DID post a link to
another poodle forum I made for fun, I belonged to SEVERAL poodle
forums and just thought I'd make my own, not to be competitive but
FOR FUN. However, Todd sent me a PM saying he didn't appreciate it
and so forth and I got miffed and said some nasty things through
PM on my forum which I admit to. The past is in the past though
and I don't even have a forum now as far as I'm concerned,
I'm never on anymore and going to more than likely shut it down.
I apologize to Todd and the members here, it's sad I'm never on
or post hardly anymore and have to come back to all this and have
to explain all this crap.

I want no part of this drama.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand, and we are def. "cool" :whoo:

She has been lying to me via PM... and does not understand as an "admin" I can investigate, and I know she's been lying and spamming :2in1:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks, Todd...

...for the clarification.
I moderate another forum (non dog related), and have run into all kinds of issues that divide an online community.
This is what I call good Moderating: when members can get past previous arguments, and stay cool with each others varied viewpoints.
:shakehands:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was PMed by her the moment I joined--I just told her thanks but no thanks, no time for more than one Poodle Forum, and I picked THIS one.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone :whoo:

Always looking for ways to improve... if you have ideas/suggestions let me know!!!

I want to have some type of contests in the future with cool prizes... come up with contests and prizes and let me know :high5::high5:

·
Registered
741 Posts
you could do best before and after grooming one for the pros and one for the people who groom there own poodles

cuteist puppy golden oldie

best dog tips

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could do best before and after grooming one for the pros and one for the people who groom there own poodles

cuteist puppy golden oldie

best dog tips

Thanks!!

What about prizes?

Petco / Petsmart gift cards or what would everyone like and actually want so they would enter : )

·
Registered
478 Posts
On my Chinese Crested forum they have a thread where every month there is a photo contest and one of the mods picks the theme. It's fun to see - the members do the voting at the end of the month. So the contest starts on the 2nd (announced the 1st) and members have until the 25th then the voting starts after that through the end of the month. Something like that could be fun.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
On my Chinese Crested forum they have a thread where every month there is a photo contest and one of the mods picks the theme. It's fun to see - the members do the voting at the end of the month. So the contest starts on the 2nd (announced the 1st) and members have until the 25th then the voting starts after that through the end of the month. Something like that could be fun.
Ohhh...thats a good idea. We all love pics so who wouldn't want to enter and vote.

Great Idea on the prizes as well Todd. I think we all have a petco and petsmart locally.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good ideas all around.
Theme photo contest would keep everyone busy with their dogs, instead of sitting at their computers! Of course, those of us with black dogs are at a handicap...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Petco / Petsmart gift cards or what would everyone like and actually want so they would enter :

im all the way in england so i couldnt use them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts