Poodle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I love watching Zoe when she gets the zoomies. Since she is a miniature, there's no damage to the house. Typically, she runs the length of the house jumping on the bed at one end and the sofa at the other. If she is outside she makes a circuit dodging under bushes.
Mini zoomies are the best. Cats get them, too!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Gorgeous Peggy looks like she is having so much fun! Plus, she matches her ball, the fence, etc :)

Whenever my Spoo gets either very antsy, or gets the zoomies, I know he needs to go poo. Anytime! Not just evening, For some reason he does not go at a regular time, possible because we are not on a time schedule and we both eat and sleep whenever it fits our schedule.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gorgeous Peggy looks like she is having so much fun! Plus, she matches her ball, the fence, etc :)

Whenever my Spoo gets either very antsy, or gets the zoomies, I know he needs to go poo. Anytime! Not just evening, For some reason he does not go at a regular time, possible because we are not on a time schedule and we both eat and sleep whenever it fits our schedule.
I joke that her soccer ball looks like her baby!

And yes - love the zoomie poops. Very efficient! I wonder if that's why Peggy so often gets the urge to run after dinner. We have to confine her for an hour after eating, otherwise she'd probably start zooming around the house, which is scary given the risk of bloat.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is it mainly a poodle thing? Out of six dogs, I only saw it with my poodles. Is it such fun to watch.
Our German Wirehaired Pointer was the zoomies master. She would do a full circuit: Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Front Hall, Kitchen! And the living room always involved flying onto and off of the couch.

Gracie was half poodle and got the crazies more than the zoomies. She would tear around in circles on the bed, or flop and roll and snort and act generally nuts after a bath.

Peggy also gets a version of the crazies. She tucks her tail, drops her butt near the ground, and sprints in tiny circles. It is hilarious and extremely weird. Like mini zoomies.

And our cats also regularly got the zoomies.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Sophy loves indoor zoomies, but they need carpeted rooms - I have non slip rugs wherever she needs them to get on and off furniture safely, but the rest of the flooring is too slippery for zooming. Her favourite game in the right house is to run very fast round a sofa, and change direction on a sixpence if you pretend to try to catch her. I actually feel quite mean that I haven't carpeted my sitting room and placed the sofa inconveniently in the middle of it, but even I feel some parts of life have to reflect my preferences rather than the dogs'!

Reactions: kontiki

·
Registered
77 Posts
My spoo does outside zoomies in the evening - generally a bunch of circles on the lower grass then hops up to the upper and runs around the trees and yard a few times before jumping back down to the lower grass and then back up to the dog run for a poop. It tuckers her out and it’s great because it’s usually done right before bed lol. She’s tried to do them in the house - couch to around and around the kitchen then downstairs then to bedrooms then back to the couch but I generally try to move her outside because I don’t want her knocking anything over or hurting herself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ooh, Peggy looks so pretty! We definitely get evening zoomies over here, usually in the form of a wrestling match. It always reminds me that I forgot to give them dinner! I send them outside to play and then feed them when they settle down. Then they're out for the night.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Galen did his zoomies in the house tonight. He went flying around the chairs like a barrel racer chasing cans. Then, for his finale, he did a six foot broad leap up and over Pogo onto the couch.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts