Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Galen gets the evening zoomies, but it's in an overtired no brakes no brains kind of way. Normally I stuff him in his crate when they start. Pogo and the cat don't appreciate being buzzed by a flying puppy, and I also worry about him wiping out and getting hurt.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Galen gets the evening zoomies, but it's in an overtired no brakes no brains kind of way. Normally I stuff him in his crate when they start. Pogo and the cat don't appreciate being buzzed by a flying puppy, and I also worry about him wiping out and getting hurt.
Ha! Poor Pogo and cat. When we shifted them to outside, they definitely became a more positive thing. Inside they're just plain scary—at least with a spoo. The mini could zoom surprisingly well in small spaces, including on the bed!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I love that last photo!

Yes Misha loves to zoom in the evening. Today he was getting tired of waiting for me to take him out on a walk so he insisted on going out to zoom in the yard. He typically likes to grab something in his mouth like a branch or toy and take off zooming. If he gets near me he will growl as if pretending I'm after his toy. The worst zoomies are the post-bath-zooms. He loves nothing more than to slip and slide all over the tile floor and ram into things with no concern for his safety.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Our basement would be a perfect zoomie space. I just can’t get teddy down those steps. He just started going down the two on our front porch. One of these days he will visit the zoomie zone. It’s our families play area/workout space. Maybe one day he can trot on the treadmill 🤔

·
Registered
209 Posts
After bath zoomies r EXTRA crazy!! Agreed!
I love that last photo!

Yes Misha loves to zoom in the evening. Today he was getting tired of waiting for me to take him out on a walk so he insisted on going out to zoom in the yard. He typically likes to grab something in his mouth like a branch or toy and take off zooming. If he gets near me he will growl as if pretending I'm after his toy. The worst zoomies are the post-bath-zooms. He loves nothing more than to slip and slide all over the tile floor and ram into things with no concern for his safety.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Usually late afternoon/early evening Beau will get a case of the zoomies, although he hasn't done it much lately I think it's because the last few weeks have been really hot and humid. When he does do it he'll be circling around the dining table, a mad dash from the kitchen to the living room, and a few circles around the living room including jumping on the couch. It'll usually end with a tired little puppy flopped down on the floor in front of the air conditioner looking super cute.

Peggy is such a beautiful girl, and she looks like she's having a great time :D.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That looks like a great zoomie space! Peggy is such a pretty girl!
I love the evening zoomies. Not only do they often jostle out a good poop, they leave Peggy feeling more relaxed than even the most rigorous play session.

So the rule in our household is DON'T FIGHT THE ZOOMIES.

Is your poodle an evening zoomer?

View attachment 468412

View attachment 468413

View attachment 468414

View attachment 468415

View attachment 468416

View attachment 468417

View attachment 468418

"All done."

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
These days the post-supper invitation "Do you want to go outside and run round madly?" is more often followed by a gentle trot around the lawns, but just occasionally Sophy will go into full on zoomies, great sweeps and circles and figures of eight at a full gallop. There have been times when her back was painful that I thought I woud never see her run like that again, so it makes my heart sing every time!

PS - I love that clip on Peggy. It really shows off her athletic shape, with just enough softening round the topknot and ears to be poodley.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He loves nothing more than to slip and slide all over the tile floor and ram into things with no concern for his safety.
Oh my goodness yes! Peggy did this once after spending some time in her backyard kiddie pool. She sprinted in the backdoor with wet paws, went careening into the breakfast bar, and then righted herself just long enough to slide straight into the fridge. I was sure she'd hurt herself, but thankfully she's still got that puppy resilience.

I now keep a towel at the door.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our basement would be a perfect zoomie space. I just can’t get teddy down those steps. He just started going down the two on our front porch. One of these days he will visit the zoomie zone. It’s our families play area/workout space. Maybe one day he can trot on the treadmill 🤔
Peggy was the same way with our garage steps. We praised her so heavily when she finally tackled them, now she sprints when she hears the garage door opening. She thinks going up and down those steps is her job. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usually late afternoon/early evening Beau will get a case of the zoomies, although he hasn't done it much lately I think it's because the last few weeks have been really hot and humid. When he does do it he'll be circling around the dining table, a mad dash from the kitchen to the living room, and a few circles around the living room including jumping on the couch. It'll usually end with a tired little puppy flopped down on the floor in front of the air conditioner looking super cute.

Peggy is such a beautiful girl, and she looks like she's having a great time :D.
I miss indoor zoomies with a small dog! So funny. Peggy knows better, though. She's not actually all that big, but she might as well be a horse when she starts zooming.

Outside only!!

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like a great zoomie space! Peggy is such a pretty girl!
We're lucky to have it. The fenced part of our yard isn't huge, but it's got three tiers so she can cover a lot of ground just by weaving back and forth. I just step back and stay out of the way!

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These days the post-supper invitation "Do you want to go outside and run round madly?" is more often followed by a gentle trot around the lawns, but just occasionally Sophy will go into full on zoomies, great sweeps and circles and figures of eight at a full gallop. There have been times when her back was painful that I thought I woud never see her run like that again, so it makes my heart sing every time!

PS - I love that clip on Peggy. It really shows off her athletic shape, with just enough softening round the topknot and ears to be poodley.
She must feel like young Sophy again when she zooms! So sweet.

And thank you. I feel like we've finally found the perfect summery poodle clip. That's a 5 on her body! So streamlined.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love what you said about not saying “No” to the zoomies! Once Bobby starts them we just stand aside. If it starts in the house we just let him outside to finish. We are so grateful for a fenced yard. It’s a small yard but big enough that he can just run around and around and around and around!
He likes to zoom through water too! Peggy might like him!😉

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love what you said about not saying “No” to the zoomies! Once Bobby starts them we just stand aside. If it starts in the house we just let him outside to finish. We are so grateful for a fenced yard. It’s a small yard but big enough that he can just run around and around and around and around!
He likes to zoom through water too! Peggy might like him!😉
View attachment 468476
I think they'd be great friends!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Normie's zoomies end with him bouncing down in front of me with a satisfied 'Aren't you proud of me?' look.

I had to add two large metal baskets under a demi-lune table to stop him from zooming through the spindly legs and possibly taking the whole thing - lamp and all - down.

Next time we buy furniture we'll have to take him with us.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Galen went into zoomies mode early tonight, right after we were done with supper. He kept nipping at Pogo's hamstrings. I took him out to play with a flirt pole before Pogo bit his head off. That got him tired for a whole 20 minutes. After that he amused himself by dropping tennis balls off the deck and barking at us to go get them. I let him off the deck to go get his own damn tennis ball.
He promptly took the tennis ball down to the dock and dropped it into the lake. I got a net and retrieved the ball before it floated away. this repeated a few times. Then my husband came down to the dock. Between the presence of both humans, a tennis ball, and a group of ducks paddling nearby Galen spun himself into such excitement that he spun right off the dock. Ker-splash! My husband jumped in after him and carried him into the shallows so he could get back onto the dock. Galen didn't seem much daunted by his accident. He continued racing around the dock with a tennis ball clutched in his jaws until I took him in to get towelled off and put to bed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I love watching Zoe when she gets the zoomies. Since she is a miniature, there's no damage to the house. Typically, she runs the length of the house jumping on the bed at one end and the sofa at the other. If she is outside she makes a circuit dodging under bushes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts