Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have been thinking about trying the European puppy cut on zulu (i think that is what it is called..) I am pretty sure ive seen pics of winnow's dog in this cut, and it is beautiful. Are there any suggestions on how to start and what it would look like w/o the fully banded topknot, zu just has one band and i dont think she could do much more, she is still kinda floppy up top :eek:hwell: i'm crossing my figures that the coat change helps that!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It is a lot of daily combing...since it really has a lot more hair than a continental. Its also a very hairy clip for the summer. But hey, tons of people do it all the time and they have whole house AC and lots of time on their hands. Its also good if another dog is not constantly romping and putting saliva on that mane from playing too rough. It is one of my favorite grooms and I start growing it around September.....they look great by March.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was kind of my plan, keep her shortish for now and then end of aug/sept start letting it get longer do you think it is possible with a shorter mane to keep a shorter topknot in proportion or would that look ridiculous?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
that was kind of my plan, keep her shortish for now and then end of aug/sept start letting it get longer do you think it is possible with a shorter mane to keep a shorter topknot in proportion or would that look ridiculous?
i did a shorter version of it on jazz last year out b/c i was bored and waiting for her to grow out. it didnt look bab, just sort of like sha was half groomed lol. later i morped it into an english saddle.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just curious...
Does anyone have pics of the Euro puppy cut? I don't have a clue what it looks like:doh: but would love to see it.:)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Just curious...
Does anyone have pics of the Euro puppy cut? I don't have a clue what it looks like:doh: but would love to see it.:)
Did a quick search and found this site with several photos of the trim. It's called a couple of different things but on this site it is called a Junior Lion.
I'm pretty sure this is the trim that is being refered to in this thread (correct me if I'm wrong)

POODLES IN AUSTRALIA ®

and here is a pic in my photo album of when I tried this with Jazz who was very short at the time. It was the first clip I tried on her as a matted of fact this would have been Jan. of 09 I believe. I adopted her shaved down self the end of October.
http://www.poodleforum.com/members/299-wonderpup-albums-jazzmanian-poodle-picture173-i-know-there-squirrle-around-here-somewhere.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
scandinavian puppy clip

hi!!

I´m starting to put my standard male on this trim :)

he is on a continental, so we just have to let her hair legs grown now :)

here is a photo of him taken yesterday, I will be posting new pictures soon

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wonder pup, thanks for posting that link. It's nice being able to see the different cuts side by side. I've always liked the lion cut and still can't figure out why you almost never see it. Liked the junior lion and the historically correct continental as well.
All very beautiful but just not practical for someone with just a pet (so much work keeping that hair 'safe').

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that dog is quite stunning! yes but i would like the rear much tighter and squarer (if thats a word?)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
lovely! i have bella in this right now- she's only 4 months so obviously we have NO HAIR!

(her FFT weren't done yet) i want to get her bum longer... and obviously way more hair everywhere else

·
Registered
216 Posts
It doesn't show it too well, but Inca on my Signature Picture is in a puppy lion, which is the acceptable cut for a toy poodle in the show ring.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Highorse - I really love the color of your dog - such a deep brown ! Was he result of a brown/brown breeding or black with brown ???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts