Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I watched it last night too. She was beautiful!!! I was pleased to see a standard poodle winning so well that didn't have so much hair on top of her head that it looked like it would flop over. She had lovely hair but not a ton like I have seen on some. I know some love it that way, but I think there is an "over" amount that just starts taking away from the beauty of the dog instead of adding to it!

I loved the fact that she was a Canadian girl. I thought she was just lovely and I was hoping she would take the BIS, but getting Group 1 at a big deal like that is fabulous!

In fact, I found her so interesting, I looked her up on-line to see where she came from and her background while watching the rest and waiting for the BIS to start. :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked her up too, lol. I wanted her to take BIS, but I had a feeling it would go to the Scottie or Boxer. I know nothing about Scotties, but being the #1 dog in the country sounds pretty impressive. The Boxer was a beauty and I liked that he/she was owner handled. I noticed there were a lot of owner handlers in general.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I wonder if Avatar Concord will be soon the top producer of all times ???? I saw soooo many new Chs sired by that magnificent dog !!!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I wonder if Avatar Concord will be soon the top producer of all times ???? I saw soooo many new Chs sired by that magnificent dog !!!!!
It will be hard to top King's Champagne Taste. I think he is sire to over 120 champions.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I just got done watching it, great show! Was so psyched that the toy and standards won in their groups! ^_^ What also caught my eye was the mini schnauzer was from my city! I don't live in a big city at all and thought it was way cool to see a showdog that big from my little city.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sheesh - now that I looked at it - it seems they have 2008 videos :smow: Oh boy :doh:

Sorry Jak-buddy - maybe somebody else will have better idea of where to watch it , or at least some private youtube -tid-bits *sigh

Did you try to look it up Googling :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
875 Posts
LOL I watched it too, and when the toy was up :( the catty catty poodle girl in me came out.
I said to my husband " thats the sonofabi*** that ran me down in Clemson!"
its true, he (handler, not the dog) almost knocked me over trying to get to the ring quickly. but its ok.

The standard was gorgeous, although she didnt show up well on my TV due to my tv being very dark, and she was SOOOOOO black I couldnt really get a good look at her face.

This may sound wierd, considering I have poodles, and I show poodles, but I was rooting for the collie. for a bitch she had tremendous coat, and she looked really nice.

Was the handler of the scottie the same handler that won 2 years ago with the seleham ( sp) terrier, Ben?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Was the handler of the scottie the same handler that won 2 years ago with the seleham ( sp) terrier, Ben?
I don't know, it was Gabriel Rangel. He's the same handler she had when she won in Philadelphia last year in November and again in Long Beach in December. If my calculations are correct, this weekend's BIS was her 111th. Sheesh. Give someone else a chance, Sadie old girl. LOL

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did anyone else dislike the toy's grooming? I thought it really made him/her look short; the jacket was too big and odd shaped. I had to go look at some toy Poodle sites to be sure but most have much tighter jackets and look taller. The toy in the international comp looked good though and they were from the same breeder.

I thought the Collie was gorgeous too, btw. So glad she beat the GSD!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was more shocked at the fact that the dog was PINK like bright, smacked butt pink!!!

thats all I could focus on. and the fact that he shook alot, and when preparing for the down and back it looked like the handler was swinnging him around,just a rushed presentation in general...disappointing.
Last year the toy at westminster was also pretty ... well I wouldnt have shown him , he had the flattest, most splayed feet I have ever seen on a poodle.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
So it wasn't just me? I didn't care for the toy's grooming, but I don't really know a lot about show grooming. His little legs reminded me of a centipede.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts