Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought people might like to know when these are on

Eukanuba Championship
Saturday, February 6 2010, from 8-11 PM (ET/PT).

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
FEB 15 08:00 PM 134TH WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW
FEB 16 09:00 AM 134TH WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW (replay)
FEB 16 08:00 PM 134TH WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW
FEB 17 09:00 AM 134TH WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW (replay)

The last few years the breed judging has been available on the WKC and/or USA websites too.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
mario lopez is going to be co-hosting westminster this year... or at least this is what I hear.

we always have two big "westminster" dinner parties, haha it's a big deal. I host the second night it's the best in show party LoL. We decorate too, everything is purple and gold.

Trivia
Did you know;

Westminster is the second oldest consecutively run sporting even in U.S. history. Do you know the oldest? (we have a small party every may for that one too)

When you go to New York City for westminster you can see the empire state building is lit up in purple and gold in honor of the show.

I do believe Westminster is the only AKC all breed show in the country where the Best in show ribbon is purple and gold instead of the traditional red,white, and blue.

So there ya go, a few useless facts off the top of my head that don't really matter LoL.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Since the first year we've been married, our Westminster Tradition is to order in food, and veg out on the couch :lol: We had planned on going this year, but moved before it happened. I forget who co-hosted last year, but he was dog clueless :lol:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
it was that comedian guy... darn can't think of his name... maybe it's steeve something.. Anyway I dispise him, don't like his comedy but I think he wrote a book or something about a dog or he was promoting one. He's co-hosted a couple years. I like Mario Lopez though I think it's really funny, just doesn't seem like his sort of gig.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Mario Lopez should be interesting. He's worked w/ animals before, so maybe he won't be so obnoxious. Anyone else thinking of "Best in Show"? The worst ever was Ron Reagan on that hosted on Animal Planet, I think they finally got rid of him, yeah!!!!

The oldest sporting event is the Kentucky Derby. Do I win a prize?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks!!! I LOVE westminster! When I lived in the city, I used to go get cheap tix and just hang out in the benchin area taking a zillion photos/meeting breeders=way too much fun! Last year was the first year I couldnt go...still trying this year... but probably not going to happen:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok, I only get ABC and thats it :eek:hwell:. So someone is going to have to tell me who wins! Please. I'd love to hear how the Belgian Sheepdogs do too, if anyone notices.:)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
mario lopez is going to be co-hosting westminster this year... or at least this is what I hear.

we always have two big "westminster" dinner parties, haha it's a big deal. I host the second night it's the best in show party LoL. We decorate too, everything is purple and gold.

Trivia
Did you know;

Westminster is the second oldest consecutively run sporting even in U.S. history. Do you know the oldest? (we have a small party every may for that one too)

When you go to New York City for westminster you can see the empire state building is lit up in purple and gold in honor of the show.

I do believe Westminster is the only AKC all breed show in the country where the Best in show ribbon is purple and gold instead of the traditional red,white, and blue.

So there ya go, a few useless facts off the top of my head that don't really matter LoL.
Our house is party central as well I love Westminster .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts