Poodle Forum banner

"Etta Says" Liver Sprinkles

801 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Raindrops 
#1 ·
I saw these liver sprinkles mentioned on some forum post where a boarding facility manager said they work like magic for picky eaters. I've fought with Jessie for months to get her to eat kibble reliably, and these actually seem to work!! :adore:

Jessie is a master at picking kibble out of any topper/mix-in I've tried, and doesn't like kibble if it's moistened with water, broth, or even wet food gravy. But just a very light sprinkle of Etta's and she eats the kibble happily.

Yay! Hope this trend continues. She has much nicer poos with kibble, and it's easier to save any leftover breakfast for a snack later (she's not a big morning eater). Just wanted to share in case anyone else is in the same boat. If you have Amazon Prime, I had a coupon for 40% off the first subscribe & save shipment too, so it was an inexpensive thing to test.

#2 ·
My mini mix had major digestive issues when I first brought her home, culminating in bloody stool.

An elimination diet traced it back to liver treats—just pure freeze-dried liver, in very small quantities.

I don't know if this type of reaction is common, but definitely something to watch out for. I tried giving her a small amount again in her adult years and same thing. Was worth a shot, as this is such a common ingredient. But I steered clear after that and didn't let her accept treats at drive-thru windows, groomers, etc. unless they could confirm there was no liver.

#4 ·
That's a good point! It's possible that even one freeze dried liver treat was too rich for my mini. She was about 8 lbs when I first brought her home, and just over 10 for much of her adult life.

And it sounds like your dog is doing great on them, so no worries for you :) I just wanted to put Gracie's story out there as "natural" treats aren't always an obvious culprit for digestive issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.