Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We tried to find this lake reservoir dog park by the hollywood sign but did not find it. So we went on a small hike and took a picture of Enzo with sign in the back ground :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
Cute! Is that the park with the 'bat cave?'

So I have to ask, doesn't he get all kinds of stickers and whatnot stuck in his fluffy legs on walks like that? Also what do you do to not fear fleas and ticks? I was hiking yesterday (didn't take the pup, she's not leash-friendly enough yet!) but wondering these things.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cute! Is that the park with the 'bat cave?'

So I have to ask, doesn't he get all kinds of stickers and whatnot stuck in his fluffy legs on walks like that? Also what do you do to not fear fleas and ticks? I was hiking yesterday (didn't take the pup, she's not leash-friendly enough yet!) but wondering these things.
Thanks for the compliments guys !

Bella's Momma :

Bat cave ? I dunno we did not get to go lol
here is the link we found
http://www.takemytrip.com/04cal/04_02a.htm

He does not get stickers or anything because all of these trails are dirt , we have Enzo on a leash and we don't allow him to run in the bushes. He only got dirt on him and one piece of grass on his back leg and that was it.

As for fleas we just bathe him weekly and we spray are carpet with raid flea spray. We are scared to put advantage on him again because it made his hair come out. :(

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys !

Bella's Momma :

Bat cave ? I dunno we did not get to go lol
here is the link we found
http://www.takemytrip.com/04cal/04_02a.htm

He does not get stickers or anything because all of these trails are dirt , we have Enzo on a leash and we don't allow him to run in the bushes. He only got dirt on him and one piece of grass on his back leg and that was it.

As for fleas we just bathe him weekly and we spray are carpet with raid flea spray. We are scared to put advantage on him again because it made his hair come out. :(
I fear the chemical drops as well, but I also wonder if my dog picked fleas up at the groomer or at puppy class. We do an every-other-week bathing with a natural shampoo that is supposed to help. I'm also thinking of making my own herbal spray. So I was just wondering what others are doing! I don't actually know she has fleas, she itched a little more after the groomer, could have been the different shampoo.

The view from your photo just reminded me of what we saw when we went to the bat cave (You know, from the old Batman series, when they'd pull the batmobile into their bat cave.). I wonder if you were close? It's cool but not cool when we hiked up there with a big group of children one hot spring day to be turned away b/c they were filming a movie. :( Anyway, now that I see here, you were more off to the side, maybe in the area, though.
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/BronsonCaves.shtml

Cool dog park! I will have to try that someday when my pup is older.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I fear the chemical drops as well, but I also wonder if my dog picked fleas up at the groomer or at puppy class. We do an every-other-week bathing with a natural shampoo that is supposed to help. I'm also thinking of making my own herbal spray. So I was just wondering what others are doing! I don't actually know she has fleas, she itched a little more after the groomer, could have been the different shampoo.

The view from your photo just reminded me of what we saw when we went to the bat cave (You know, from the old Batman series, when they'd pull the batmobile into their bat cave.). I wonder if you were close? It's cool but not cool when we hiked up there with a big group of children one hot spring day to be turned away b/c they were filming a movie. :( Anyway, now that I see here, you were more off to the side, maybe in the area, though.
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/BronsonCaves.shtml

Cool dog park! I will have to try that someday when my pup is older.

WOW at caves ! well the dog park is supposed to be on canyon dr but it was blocked off !!! so maybe they where filming or something. We could not find it at all.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PS
Ill come out for the Modesto Oct show if you do. lol I wont have anything to show but I always like to kick it and watch.
HHAHA cool well we will try our best to be there. Cindy and Susan told me they are trying to get more CH in the class so dogs can GR.
We will see how things go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts