Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enzo was bad at show with me today, he thinks I am his playmate or something lol So he acted up in the ring.

here is a video of him moving after the show ( when I don't care anymore hahah)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Ugh! I hate it when that happens! My Dobie usually goes really good for me at home, or after the show just mucking about! So frustrating!!

Anyway, Enzo looks good in that vid ;)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh! I hate it when that happens! My Dobie usually goes really good for me at home, or after the show just mucking about! So frustrating!!

Anyway, Enzo looks good in that vid ;)
Thanks Jak , We will be leaving in a littl bit since I wont be handling I will take video.

Kim bates was handling a black dog with a natural tail I wanted to get a video of it ! really pretty dog but the tail looked freaky since it was long haha

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ooh he's way to gorgeous.

my aussie girl drove me nuts. Last show- just a melt down- wouldn't even focus on me- htaed me= the moment we got near the ring- no clue WHY. . . tried to chase her breeder who ws in the clss around the arena (no clue why she hated her before the ring- she groomed her not me (She hates the dryer)

fter 3 days of that i decided to toss her in with a more experienced handler this show. She had the same melt down over nad over and over. THen was a super star and pulled out with Winners bitch LOL with a junior handling her to boot. pro had no better luck then me handling her- she just needs to get out to more shows and that was her opinion too. she just quits paying attention to who ever is hndling her and then tries to spin around nd at one point squeeled. the crouching 'sit' stck ws the highlight of it all. SO frusterating- i hate it when they mis behave.... i don't care if we place- but gosh i hate it when they are BAD>

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He's looking fabulous. Haven't seen him in a quite a while now! I'm sure he will do what you need in the ring eventually. He seems to have a nice presence.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you letting him go out to the end of the leash when you gait him in the ring?
Hell no hahaha he tighten up the leash and we have control here is the video

he did not put his head up so we are going to work on that he looks good at home but does not bring what he does at home in the ring 100%

Im too embarrassed to post video of him in the ring with me LOL

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
My unsolicited advice for what it is worth.... Have you taught him to walk up while you are holding his muzzle? If you did this, you would have more control of his head than the leash alone gives you. This would keep him from swinging his front around and you could get him set up faster.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My unsolicited advice for what it is worth.... Have you taught him to walk up while you are holding his muzzle? If you did this, you would have more control of his head than the leash alone gives you. This would keep him from swinging his front around and you could get him set up faster.
Yup he knows that too haha but my sister gets nervous she forgets things so this is why i tried handling him on friday with no luck.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I just watched the video of Kim Russel (lover her!!!) handling that black bitch and you can see her holding the bitch by her muzzle and moving her in a circle into position. So artfully done! I'm going to have to practice using my left hand because I realize that I have been using my right hand to lead.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Roxy, he looks great!!! He has matured so much. His movement looks lovely on the home video. Yeah, I know shat you mean about "doing good at home and not in the ring". LOL. I am sure he will only get better, he is a lovely looking boy! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts