Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Enzo is FINALLY cured of his car sickness !!! WOOOO WHOOOO ! :driver:
We still get some drooling but not as bad as it was before.

He has also learned to play and love the dog park ! now when we go he runs all around the park instead of staying by our side. He also plays with the dogs and does not tuck his tail between the legs when other dogs chase him. If another dog gets aggressive he sticks up for him self by rearing up and barking letting the other dog know its not ok to boss me around lol.

When I took him last week , I witness him being dominate for the very first time. He was playing with this beagle mix and mounted him lol they where playing having a great time. Enzo seems to pick up on only to play with the pups or dogs around his age. the beagle mix was 11 months old then on sat there was a dobie that was 10 months . Him and the dobie had a great time I wish I had my camera to tape them because it was hilarious watching them box each other around.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thats great! Im still draping a towel around sting to protect his coat from all the drool. He'd be soaked if I didnt even for a short trip to Taco Bell. He wont even walk outside when I have my car keys in hand. lol

Im glad that finally ended with Enzo. What a mess it can be.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats great! Im still draping a towel around sting to protect his coat from all the drool. He'd be soaked if I didnt even for a short trip to Taco Bell. He wont even walk outside when I have my car keys in hand. lol

Im glad that finally ended with Enzo. What a mess it can be.
Well that is the funny part about Enzo if he sees the car or keys he starts that stupid head shaking business lol his tail goes down also.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Sooooo glad he got over car sickness! UHG! Billy and his sister were both car sick for a while. We had to have extra blankets and towels and clean-up stuff. So happy to be past that.

Billy still doesn't like to get into the car. When I open the door, he walks away skulking with his head and tail down and looks back at me as if he were going to cry. LOL I coax him in though and then he is fine. After all, we do go fun places where he can play and see new doggies and people and lots of good stuff.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Glad to hear Enzo is so much better about car rides. That is always the worst thing, when you want to take your dog(s) with you places but they get car sick. I had one dog so bad, a Brittany, that she would start to drool when she saw we were going to get into the car and would throw up at least twice on the ride, even though she had nothing in her belly to throw up as I had to stop feeding her before going in the car. We would get to the obedience classes and I would have to dry her up and let her relax.

Actually, all three of my Brittany's got car sick, but what I found worked in breaking it was taking them on short trips to fun places, like a large field to play in or the lake. They actually found they LOVED going to dog shows, so, after a few short months they were fine and would jump into the car. Of course, stopping at McDonald's after the shows and getting them each an ice cream cone must have gone a long way..lol. They knew it when I stopped at McDonald's and I am sure looked forward to it on the hot, hot day at the show. It sure was a pain at first though, as I would be taking them to a dog show and had to try to fix it so they didn't get their coats disgusting. I would leave early for the show so I could sit next to the ring so they could lay and relax and watch everything, by the time their class came, they were relaxed, if they had drooled, their coats were dry and "fluffed" back up and eager to have fun in the ring.

Ahhhh, the "joys" of car sick dogs..lol. So glad Grace now thoroughly looks forward to car rides since she was the only of my poos that got car sick. Phew!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts