Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything is possible if you are willing to put in the hard work and have patience. Today in Belton, Texas, my dog Yogi not only took Winners Dog, but also Best of Variety. My first time going to the group ring! It was quite an exhillerating experience. This didn't come quick, and it didn't come easy. I have been showing Yogi for just over a year now. We have many Reserves, and a whole lot of 2nd, 3rd and no placements at all. The illustrious Winners Dog had eluded us and Best of Variety was not even a thought in my mind. I would also like to note, that every other handler in the ring was a professional, and most of them had beaten me many, many times. I really didn't think we had any chance today given who was at this show. However, the judge liked refined dogs and today was mine and Yogi's day. Tomorrow we may get dumped, but for today...we have two points!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It's super confusing, I have tried for years to understand it and still don't.LOL
Our system seems easy
8 Challenge Certificates for a Champion
50 and 3 Best in Shows for Grand Champion

Best of Breed, then best of Group, then best in show
With Baby puppy, Puppy, Junior, Open, NZ bred of breed, group and then show

Simple, no points etc lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for both of you and, yes, this is encouraging for us new owner/handlers hoping to be capable of competing against the experienced handlers. Onward and upward!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Anything is possible if you are willing to put in the hard work and have patience. Today in Belton, Texas, my dog Yogi not only took Winners Dog, but also Best of Variety. My first time going to the group ring! It was quite an exhillerating experience. This didn't come quick, and it didn't come easy. I have been showing Yogi for just over a year now. We have many Reserves, and a whole lot of 2nd, 3rd and no placements at all. The illustrious Winners Dog had eluded us and Best of Variety was not even a thought in my mind. I would also like to note, that every other handler in the ring was a professional, and most of them had beaten me many, many times. I really didn't think we had any chance today given who was at this show. However, the judge liked refined dogs and today was mine and Yogi's day. Tomorrow we may get dumped, but for today...we have two points!
YAHOO good for you ! Proud of you !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts