Poodle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
My sister and BIL are going to a Red Sox game today and I offered to watch Dale while they're away. He's been here for 2 hrs now and both of them are finally settled. Dale is pretty chill, but Elroy is always soooo excited when meeting him, or any dog for that matter.
Plant Road surface Asphalt Wood Body of water

I'm hoping this can help Elroy chill a little more in the future.
Dog Dog supply Chair Pet supply Interior design

Pet supply Road surface Tints and shades Grass Asphalt

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
When I woke up and came downstairs today, I didn't see Elroy in his usual spot (at the bottom of the stairs). I figured maybe he was in the kitchen. Nope. He was sleeping in his crate! 1st time he's ever slept in there by his own choice. Awwwe! My little baby is growing up 馃槩!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Elroy and Dale did very well together today. I think there's hope Elroy's super excitability towards other dogs will fade as he gets older馃榿!
Dog Collar Mammal Pet supply Carnivore
Plant Dog Flower Flowerpot Leaf
Plant Window Tree Flower Working animal
Plant Land lot Fawn Grass Groundcover

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Fawn Terrestrial animal

In this picture, Elroy is actually under the bush too! Look at the dark patch on the left closely and you'll see that it's Elroy!
Brown Property Furniture Wood Interior design

Plant Flower Dog Tree Carnivore

Dale is safe and sound back in the comforts of his own home now. They really had a great time! I really think Elroy was glad to have an older, more mature, dog around. He followed him around "like a little puppy dog!" He seemed like he was learning a lot from Dale.

Registered
I just caught up on Elroy鈥檚 adventures! Love seeing all the fun! He鈥檚 such a great poodle dog and so handsome too.馃槏 His train pictures made me want to go on an adventure. My husband and I love train travel and have gone on quite a few trips by train. Haven鈥檛 traveled by train since before the pandemic.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Worked on getting Elroy into the water for a little while today. He wasn't interested in even getting his feet wet at first. Then I went in and then he was OK with at least getting his feet wet. I was successful at getting him to retrieve a ball from the waters edge, then a training duck. We played fetch for about 20-30 minutes. We started on land and worked towards the water. By the time we were done, he was retrieving the duck from chest deep! We ended on a good note and will go back for more soon. It's not impressive, but it's definitely progress! View attachment 494228
View attachment 494227
View attachment 494229
Back to the reservoir for another game of fetch at the boat launch. Lots of boats and lots of people there this time. We still got a good training session in. He still only gone in up to his chest. He was about the same as the last time, maybe a little better. He was easily distracted by people walking nearby. He's such a love-bug he's got to say hi to everyone! No pictures of him in the water this time as I had to leave my phone in the car so I wouldn't get it wet. Here's Elroy perched up on a rock for me! His training duck is on the ground out in front of him!
Dog Water dog Water Carnivore Companion dog

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Elroy got to pee on, and poop under, the largest/oldest (presumed) tree in Connecticut today! He wasn't terribly impressed 馃ぃ! He was way more interested in meeting a picnicking family's group of small bouncy children馃榿 (look in the background of the 2nd picture)!
Plant Green Tree Botany Branch
Plant Tree Branch Trunk Terrestrial plant

61 - 80 of 95 Posts