Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elroy started acting funny around an hour ago (8pm local time). He's not himself. He's just standing with his feet closer together than a stack would have them. He doesn't move from this position unless I coax him to move. We went for a little walk. He was OK with it, but again, slow, and not being his bouncy self. When he's standing still, he seems to be arching his back a bit, and he's hanging his head lower than normal. He's not bouncy or excited /excitable at all. His stomach/belly isn't bloated (IMO) or hard. He didn't eat anything unusual today, unless he caught something in the backyard that I don't know about (highly unlikely as he's not out for long without me). The last thing he ate was a morsel of frozen boneless beef, about an ounce or so. He's been getting these occasionally, twice a week maybe. Earlier today I noticed him eating a little grass, not normal for him. During our walk I little while ago, he was eating more grass. I think he has a belly ache or something of the likes. Now he's laying down sleeping in his crate. He wanted to go outside again, but I don't want him to be out because I can't keep an eye on him.
Please send some good will his way. I'll keep you updated on his progress.
Vertebrate Mesh Wood Mammal Composite material

Wood Automotive tire Floor Pet supply Gas

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
1,145 Posts
Fingers crossed that he feels better soon. The arched back stance is typical of abdominal pain, so I wonder if he might have pancreatitis? You might want to at least call your local emergency clinic to see if they can offer suggestions on what to do.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Poor Elroy, I hope he’s feeling back to normal quickly.

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's still the middle of bedtime (6am now) and I'm happy to report that Elroy seems to be much better. He's moving around (seemingly comfortably) to his normal various sleeping spots. He just got up on top of his crate looked out the window a bit, and laid down and went to sleep. Hopefully whatever it was has passed. We'll see in a couple of hours when it's time to get up and about.
Thank you everyone for all the well wishes! Next update in a couple of hours 🙏.
Window Building Tints and shades Automotive lighting Midnight

1 - 20 of 59 Posts