Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names Keith, I'm an 18yr old anthropology major and I recently ((after MUCH research)) purchased a Standard Poodle puppy. I fell in love with the breed after I met a neighbors 2 standards and I decided that I couldn't live another moment with out a standard companion

I picked her up 2 weeks after my 18th birthday from a not so hospitable environment, but she seems to be flourishing at her new home ^_^
I decided to name her Elphaba after the Wicked Witch of the West from Wicked ((my favourite musical)) we shortened it to Elphie though =]

We have 2 other dogs a lab/poodle mix and a shih-tzu

That horrible carpet was removed a week after we moved into this house

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi, Keith! I'm new here, too. What a cutie you have! So glad you have her in a new and loving environment. And, I like her name... l haven't seen the musical, but I did read the books.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome!

He looks so sweet and chocolate! Both dogs are are precious.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all so much, this seem like such a welcoming place I love it =]]

Shes only 5months old so I'm hoping her coat changes from the weird and stringy to something a bit more curly lol

Shes a ham for photo ops as well xD

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
OK... Tooooo weird, Keith!! Your story is so similar to my daughter's story that it's eerie! My daughter, Katy, was working as a dog bather at our local PetSmart and fell in love with standard poodles. She purchased her baby, Chalumeau - who we call Meau (Mo), from a questionable breeder about 1 month after her 18th birthday! And guess what??? Meau is chocolate, too! :) Katy and Meau are still living at home with her dad and me, but is hoping to find a place of her own sometime soon.

I commented on another thread about Elphie's name - I loved the books, but haven't had the opportunity to see the play yet (my sister has been to it about 10 times in all different cities!! Lucky!!)

Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to more Elphie stores and pictures!!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is really similar to my own story haha
I still live at home because its a 10 minute drive from school and work so its very convenient
plus I think elphie would go insane if she weren't around the other 2 dogs haha

I don't want to like bad mouth the breeder I bought Elphie from because shes a healthy beautiful dog...they just didn't keep a clean house
nor do they care to comply with contractual obligations...

the last part is my own fault I went searching for a poodle to adopt and I didn't care if it were a puppy or an older dog I just knew I wanted a poodle
and this particular person approached me after I made a post on another forum
the price I paid for my dog was RIDICULOUS so I should have known it was a little fishy xD ((350 for full AKC paperwork))

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome! :D
My dog came from a loving family home.........but I think they were in it for the $$ to. I paid much less than I believe he is worth, but I was taken back by how few questions they asked about the environment I was bringing him into. My only other option however would have been to import a pup, and I wasn't happy buying a puppy I had never met!

ANYWAYS.......I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What a cutie! I love chocolate pups.
Congrats on the new puppy, it sounds like she's in good hands. :) Your other dog is really pretty too!

Also, I just have to compliment you on your name choice... Elphie! What an amazing name. I'm a HUGE Wicked fan. It's my absolute favorite musical or play of any kind. I kind of geeked out when I realized the connection... hahaha.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha thank you so much, I really adore my pooch xD
Neko's hair is finally growing back ((we asked the groomer to make him look poodleish and thats what we got v.vl))

lol Wicked is my favourite musical as well and book =]]]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts