Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a question, why do some poodles have a more elongated snout and some have a rounder face?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
A long muzzle is prefered and the AKC breed standard reads;

Muzzle-- long, straight and fine, with slight chiseling under the eyes. Strong without lippiness. The chin definite enough to preclude snipiness. Major fault: lack of chin. Teeth-- white, strong and with a scissors bite. Major fault: undershot, overshot, wry mouth.

I had a cafe male Standard a few months back that had a shorter muzzle. Eli has a long pretty muzzle and I have to admit a dog with a long fine muzzle just say's Poodle. The shorter muzzle takes away from the distinct head appearance of a Poodle. However, some Poodles varry in muzzle length.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The clipping can be deceptive too I reckon. Those cute fluffy faced poos look like they have no muzzle at all, clip off the fur and you find a beautiful sleek long nose underneath. I have noticed with T even a few weeks worth of growth and his face just doesn't look as chiselled, you clip it off and lo and behold there is my beautiful boy again :rofl:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The clipping can be deceptive too I reckon. Those cute fluffy faced poos look like they have no muzzle at all, clip off the fur and you find a beautiful sleek long nose underneath. I have noticed with T even a few weeks worth of growth and his face just doesn't look as chiselled, you clip it off and lo and behold there is my beautiful boy again :rofl:
Isn't that the truth. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts