Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so happy with her performance last night....she trotted wonderfully for the most part on a lead, of course had a few puppy hops too.....lol. It's a new experience for me to work with a small breed vs my afghans, but it is turning out to be a lot of fun and not as hard as I thought with pacing myself correctly to match her correct gaiting speed. I met up with a local poodle exhibitor to have her looked over and was very happy to find out that what I thought was her good points (without voicing them) others agreed on! ^.^ It makes me feel much better coming from a different breed and being able to understand another! We talked with her and she recommended another poodle exhibitor (her mentor) for us to get together with and will hopefully help us get her put into a show puppy cut and then I can share some stack pictures of the migit that others can actually SEE her vs the fuzz ball she currently is.....the hair on her body is currently 5 inches or so almost all over, it'll be nice to see her coated shaped up. ^.^ Another handling class is planned for Sunday and we'll keep working away until her hopeful first show in September! :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's going to be fun following Ella's foray into the show world. Since I hope to be getting my poodle next year and showing her, I want to hear all about your experience. Let us hear how her second handling class goes. I bet it is a huge difference learning how to show a toy poodle as opposed to an afghan hound! Ella is a little doll. Can't wait to see some stacked photos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts