Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I decided to show hubby how cute Flip looks is all shaved down. Why of course, that opened the conversation up to ask "why not shave Eli like that"? Mind you, I just started taking Eli back into the groomer (at 8 months prego, grooming isnt the easiest) and OMG does she make him look wonderful. I love idea of dropping him off and picking up a plush Eli. 3 hrs later for $60.00 bucks....cant beat that!

Anyhow, I went ahead and did it Saturday and he actually looks pretty cute. We went out to the dog park and people were complimenting how much they liked that clip on a poodle. lol So here's a few pics of Eli sporting the shaved down look. He actually seems a lot more spunky then before...I guess he feels good showing off his figure. :)

1st pic is before, then his new look

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Aww he looks a lot like Harry with a shorter tail. I'm not into the shave downs but I can see how it would be easier.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww he looks a lot like Harry with a shorter tail. I'm not into the shave downs but I can see how it would be easier.
He actually is wearing the look better then I anticipated. I love that boy so much, it hardly matter's what he looks like. Now that my husband see's how much he likes Eli shaved down, I think it open's him up more to getting a Spoo when the time comes. Pretty much all the dogs we own are dogs Ive picked out and wanted. He loves them all very much but he doesnt have "his dog" yet.

Anyhow, I tell him all the time that he should get his own wonderful shaved down Eli when its time. He's digging the shaved down look now so I think he just may want a standard in a few years....all shaved down. lol

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I love it!!!

I seen a black rescue standard poodle this weekend that was cut short. (the before pics were really bad)

There was not much choice on him being trimmed I don't think :doh: and he looked amazing!!! The woman that cleaned him up did a fantastic job and SO DID YOU!! Although your's was much easier:). Yep I am digging this look on black SP. His hair looks so silky and sheek!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ooooh!

He looks great!

Flip approves! <3

His black coat looks so shiny and velvety like that!!!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jenn, First Eli's privates, now his hair, poor Eli is probably wondering, "Whats next"?
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! That was funny! I never looked at it like that. Luckily, I dont think he's too worried about it. lol

He's really has been an extra spunky guy since his shave down and bath Saturday. He was striding through the dog park yesterday as happy as could be. I think he likes his new look. What can you say, Poodle's are smart dogs...they know when they look great!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Just be prepared for all the 'What kind of dog is that?' questions with that 'do.

I have been asked if Flip is a:

1) Doodle *cringe*
2) PWD
3) Curly Coated Retriever
4) Bedlington (lol)
5) Visla (hello?)
6) Weimaraner (WHERE IS MY BUSY BEE?)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Just be prepared for all the 'What kind of dog is that?' questions with that 'do.

I have been asked if Flip is a:

1) Doodle *cringe*
2) PWD
3) Curly Coated Retriever
4) Bedlington (lol)
5) Visla (hello?)
6) Weimaraner (WHERE IS MY BUSY BEE?)
The last three made me laugh out loud and almost spit my Coke out all over my keyboard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts