Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dog has been a regular for a few years, his name is Cosmo and he's 7 years old. He's a great dog to groom. The groomer who usually does him left so I had to do him, i've never done a lamb on a standard before and maybe only once on a smaller poodle. I was nervous doing it but the owner was very happy.

He took forever, we didn't have a bather so I had to do everything myself which is fine and quite enjoyable. He just stands there for bathing, drying and grooming.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I've never done such a big lamb cut before, i suppose I won't be fully comfortable doing a lot of stuff for awhile. I just started grooming and i'm kind of doing it on my own because our manager left and none of the other girls have been grooming long enough to feel comfortable training so i've just winging it lately.

I should have a new job soon though, still waiting to hear back from her!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
You'll be surprised what you figure out on your own Aidan LoL and be a better groomer for it probably!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep I currently work at the Petco grooming salon and there is just too much drama for me! I'm pretty mellow, I like to go to work and have everyone get along and such (at least as much as possible) but at this place...yesh...the second I walk in the door "Hey, Stephanie guess what so and so did and blah and blah and they did this and that and said this to her and she did that to him and yep" I just can't keep track of everyones malfunction.

So I randomly called one of the better salons in the area after work one day. I explained to the owner that I was currently a grooming assistant at Petco and in training to be a groomer but hadn't been training long. I said I'd like to continue learning and would feel more comfortable learning from someone experienced. The manager had been fired so there is nobody left to train me. She had me come in later that week to speak with her and she said it might be a bit before she can get back to me. She's currently training someone else but said she can train two people at once. So, im expecting her call!

Thanks for the compliments. I haven't been grooming long so it means a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts