Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New here. We have a new 2 yr old apricot standard named, "Dutch". My Christmas present from my husband.

He was used for breeding but didn't produce the colors his owners wanted so they retired him. My husband found out and got him for me as a wonderful gift.

We love all poodles and have had a mini and standard in the past. Hope to meet new friends and learn more.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Dutch. What a sweetheart

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome to PF! I would love to hear more of your story. Did perhaps your husband find a way to have your handsome new poodle under the Christmas tree for you to discover??

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Welcome to you and Dutch! I hope he had some clever way of surprising you. Tell us more. Can’t think of a better Christmas present, what a sweet husband you have:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My DH got him on Christmas Eve. He said he had to run an errand and showed up with him. I was so excited.

We have 4 children so I didn't want a puppy right now. Someday when they are older we'll venture into puppyhood with another standard.

Dutch is a perfect fit. He has a calm disposition and does very well with the children.

We had a standard years ago and I never thought I'd get over him but Dutch is stealing my heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts