Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I’d post a few pics of my first days with Ducati! I’ll eventually make a 52 weeks of thread but until then here are our days together!

Yesterday was Ducati’s first day out on Atlanta’s Beltline (a greenspace pathway throughout town for walking, biking, skating lined with restaurants bars, shops and parks). All of the places we went are walkable right from home so Adventure was calling!

First up We visited his new vets office and he made quite the first impression there. He even insisted on booking his OWN appointment for next Tuesday because he says he’s a big boy but I still had to pay for it because he said he left his wallet in his other pants . He’s lucky he’s cute!
IMG_1690.JPG IMG_1686.JPG IMG_1691-compressed.jpg

We visited his new groomer across the street as well. Ducati wasn’t having any of my leash training at first, but quickly learned to stick to me like glue and is heeling pretty well.

Well... except for the fact that the Duc-miester is afraid of scooters and bikes. We will work on it! it was super hot & humid out today so he’d pause in the shadows every chance he got. I didn’t blame him! IMG_1803.JPG

So we took a break under an arts bridge on the path and listened to some music. IMG_1798.JPG IMG_1804.JPG

Then it was off to the Market. We were both melting and stopped for water, food for him and pop/pupsicles for both of us.
IMG_1800.JPG IMG_1801.JPG

Lastly we made our final stop to visit our friends at Petsmart. He made 2 and 4 legged friends on every aisle and I realized he’s more a fan of people and pups than toys. Go figure!

My SO picked us up since it was too hot for us to walk back. We lounged outside after dark for a bit and Ducati even decided to pose for some pretty pictures outside of our home. IMG_1790.JPG IMG_1789.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a fun day and fun photos. His red, white and black checked leash reminded me of something to do with cars, and I checked - cool that you found one with colors of the Ducati logo!

I know!! Even that happened by chance! Next up is to find him a hiking vest so I can put Ducati patches all over it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ducati is such a character! He is an absolute lover and prefers cuddles over most anything else. Anndddd as I wrote that here came a big poodle nose on my phone screen

We are at our local urban market right now enjoying the sights, sounds, shade and these hugeee fans to keep us cool. I think that’s all Ducati cares about shade & fans... he has made it clear he is NOT a fan of GA sun. So when we go on walks he slows down to a snails pace in the shade and tries to rush through the sun. I tested the pavement heat & nope it’s not scorching, he just likes to lounge and people watch in the shade
IMG_1835.JPG

Right now he looks like he’s about to release the hottest album of 2019 with his hair blowing every which way in the fans. IMG_1852.JPG

Yesterday we went to one of my local bike meets and he loved the attention from people and pups alike. The club wants him to be their mascot haha. IMG_1844.JPG IMG_1823.JPG

He now knows “sit”, “down”, “hugs” (stands up on hind legs), “stay”, “ok” (release word) and “goodnight” (crate time) and comes to his name.
Annddd Last night he made it through his very first silent night in the crate! I’m happy and proud!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a sweetheart Ducati has turned out to be.......and such a happy pup too! I'm glad he is everything you hoped for! Your pictures are divine!!

Reactions: Legs&Leashes21

·
Registered
340 Posts
He is so beautiful, that hair is fantastic!!

I see that he is 7 months, how much does he weigh??
Norman is 6.5 months and just reached over 50lbs... Not sure if hes going to be the size of a horse or?? Lol! Would love to compare sizes/weight

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@SammieNorman

Thank youuu! He’s quite the character and a looker.

As of yesterday Ducati is 49lbs. He is much heavier than I gave him credit for. Is that large or average I wonder?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thank you! I am not an expert on weight for standards, but I have done some research! I think around 7 months they can range anywhere from 45-55 lbs (from what I have seen). Of course every dog is different!! Again, i'm no expert! Some days I think Norman is very big for his age, so I am wondering if one of this ancestors is much bigger than his immediate parents?

Can't wait to find out! I get so anxious wondering how big he will be!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts