Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a post on here before about a spoo that didn't like the blow dryer around the ears but I can't find it. Anyway, my girl is great with drying her legs and body but if I get anywhere near her head now she gets really upset and growls/bites at the dryer. I can't get her dry this way. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can try putting cotton balls in her ears to muffle the sound, that may make her less reactive to the loud dryer. Is she fine with having her head brushed, or is it just the dryer? If she has issues with having her head and ears brushed (even without being dried) work with her on that first.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try putting cotton balls in her ears to muffle the sound, that may make her less reactive to the loud dryer. Is she fine with having her head brushed, or is it just the dryer? If she has issues with having her head and ears brushed (even without being dried) work with her on that first.
No, it is just the dryer. I can brush all I want. If I hold her head under my arm she does better, but then I can't dry her head. I will try the cotton balls. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Use cotton balls for sure, but you can also fold a towel into a long skinny strip and tie it around her head/over her ears while drying her body; it'll wick away a fair bit of moisture alone, and you'll be able to get up around her head and neck mostly (be firm, hold her nose and don't let her wrestle about too much) the last bit around her ears make sure you take off the nozzle if you can so it's not as loud and blasting, hold her ears and again be fairly firm with her and don't let her be a brat too much (she doesn't have to enjoy it, but I expect my clients to at least tolerate me drying the bulk of their head and ears!) don't worry about the inside too much, and always keep it blowing away from the ear hole. Don't blast straight in the front of the face; come from behind so if she flicks her face about it'll only go down ehr muzzle and not straight up her nose or eyes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts