Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one list some dryers that are not $300 but maybe 150-200 bucks or less that will work ?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice. I use my own hair dryer on Billy and I cannot get him blown straight to save my soul!
Yes I knoW lol We use our own and since Enzo's hair is becoming adult hair we need a real dog dryer.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Yes I knoW lol We use our own and since Enzo's hair is becoming adult hair we need a real dog dryer.
LOL so is Billy's!! His is nearly impossible to uncurl now and I have stopped clipping because I don't know where to clip. I really need to fix this problem. I'm going to have a look at what Purple Poodle bought. At this point I feel like I need to put him in a wind tunnel with gale force winds. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Purple poodle, I looked at that product. Do you think it will straighten an tight, curly coat? does your dog have a coat like that or does it have one of the softer ones that blows out easier?

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should be able to get a Metro Force dryer for like $50-$70 and I’d recommend an Edemco stand dryer for finishing. The Edemco last FOREVER (my mom’s has got to be 35-40 years old & never broken)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well my guys are not for show so I just bought a shop vac that has a blower as well and use that. Everybody knows not to touch it for vacuuming

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be able to get a Metro Force dryer for like $50-$70 and I’d recommend an Edemco stand dryer for finishing. The Edemco last FOREVER (my mom’s has got to be 35-40 years old & never broken)

I have read many groomers did not like the metro force dryers even my sister dislikes them. Do they have better models ? on pet edge I see a few
http://www.petedge.com/Metro-Air-Fo...tegoryId=190&categoryId=191&subCategoryId=263

http://www.petedge.com/Air-Force-Co...tegoryId=190&categoryId=191&subCategoryId=263

I saw this one also before I posted thread but could not find feed back on this dryer on groomer talk
http://www.petedge.com/B-Air-Bear-P...tegoryId=190&categoryId=191&subCategoryId=263

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Purple poodle, I looked at that product. Do you think it will straighten an tight, curly coat? does your dog have a coat like that or does it have one of the softer ones that blows out easier?
Yes I would like to know also :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yes I would like to know also :D
The edemco is the stnad dryer I have and it works GREAT! I have the B-air force dryer as well , and I love that one as well it also has 2 settings and works well on both long and short coats. I agree the Edemco is a steal, it is like $200 at petedge I think.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The edemco is the stnad dryer I have and it works GREAT! I have the B-air force dryer as well , and I love that one as well it also has 2 settings and works well on both long and short coats. I agree the Edemco is a steal, it is like $200 at petedge I think.
My sister wants a a regular dryer first, I asked her about the stand ons but we don't have a big work space like others may have.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Dont do what I did Roxy!!!! I have the Metro Forced air dryer ($90.00 one)and its not enough for a adult coat. I can get by with Sting for now but it sucks badly on Eli.

The only dryer's in that range worth getting are the Metro forced air commander's or blaster. The commander will be the best for the price your staying in. Ive also heard good things about the Double K Challenge air dryers. When you move up though, only settle for the Edemco or Romani. Im in process of getting a Edemco very soon.

Dont waste your money like I did !!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I can ask my friend Amber, she is a groomer what she thinks. I have only had the B-Air force dryer for the small one. The Edemco though does not take up a whole lot of space as it is on a tripod base and can be made more compact It may work in your space, It can be dropped to be shorter and the tripod legs fit right under a grooming table. I will ask Amber what ones she would think and let you know! Also the Edemco has a heat setting you can have it on or off, so if you are not stepping into the ring, you can use the heat from the motor to dry and then only use the heat for ringside that way it won't dry out the coat real bad. Regular human dryers I heard will dry out the coat and cause it to break easier, do you find that to be true?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I can ask my friend Amber, she is a groomer what she thinks. I have only had the B-Air force dryer for the small one. The Edemco though does not take up a whole lot of space as it is on a tripod base and can be made more compact It may work in your space, It can be dropped to be shorter and the tripod legs fit right under a grooming table. I will ask Amber what ones she would think and let you know! Also the Edemco has a heat setting you can have it on or off, so if you are not stepping into the ring, you can use the heat from the motor to dry and then only use the heat for ringside that way it won't dry out the coat real bad. Regular human dryers I heard will dry out the coat and cause it to break easier, do you find that to be true?
I find human dryers dont work well on Poodles in my opinion. I have a good human dryer and it will not straighten my adult Poodle's coat like it should for show. For showing, its the edemco and romani that have been recommended by many now.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have the edemco stand dryer myself and LOVE it, I would recommend to anyone, but for space since she said it is a small space, I was going to ask if there were any others out there that were smaller that would still meet her needs as a stand dryer. DO you know of any, or does the edemco have one? I have the B-Air for mine, but I have toys, so as far as blowing out and adult standard, the edemco that I have is the only dryer I know for sure works for ALL varieties and ages.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The k9 series dryers are amazing. I bought a K9 III just for me to use at the grooming shop because the bathers were ruining our good equipment so I bought my own and I keep it locked up because it was expensive (350 on ebay)

I'm not sure how much the smaller ones are the K9 II and K9 mini, but shop around.

With dryers it's definitely true you get what you pay for. I think the metro for a cheap dryer works great FOR THAT PRICE. I wouldn't want to use it on a Standard Poodle in full coat but you get what you pay for. I would really suggest saving up the money for the k9 III, you will not regret it!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont do what I did Roxy!!!! I have the Metro Forced air dryer ($90.00 one)and its not enough for a adult coat. I can get by with Sting for now but it sucks badly on Eli.

The only dryer's in that range worth getting are the Metro forced air commander's or blaster. The commander will be the best for the price your staying in. Ive also heard good things about the Double K Challenge air dryers. When you move up though, only settle for the Edemco or Romani. Im in process of getting a Edemco very soon.

Dont waste your money like I did !!!
Yeah I already heard the bad news about that dryer my sister hates it I am looking at the better models like the blaster and commander.

I will probably get the blaster is has more power than the other in my price range

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Commander and use is on Savanna who is in a show coat and Vegas who has very thick coat. It works good , I've had it a while no probs, but I want to try a different one once we move.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts