Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I dropped moose off at the groomers for his FIRST time. We do it normally but this morning when he went for his morning P he decided to walk all over sap from our pine tree.

Needless to say 1 back paw and 1 front look like someone squirted hot glue all over them and he walked in the mud, leaves and dirt collecting everything he could.

Not only does it look like that but the SAP is not hard like hot glue so it got all over our kitchen and now in my car :(

I took him to the groomers to take care of it, the first place didn't want to do it and said the vet can handle it the second place said they would try to wash it out with soap and sap removal stuff and then give him a short trim. Let's hope they can take care of it or may end up expensive at the vet for something so silly.

Anyone else have any weird stories ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that one tops mine... I remember once our little apricot-mini, Tycho, now deceased, (lived to 18!) went camping and hiking with us. We were a good 3 or 4 miles out from our car and Tycho found a fresh pile of elk poop. He rolled and rolled before I could stop him. :eek: He was covered with it!! We found an irrigation pond in a meadow and I tried washed him, but I didn't have any towels, soap, or hand sanitizer with me.... The water was ice cold too. I had to walk miles back to the car with elk poop on my hands with him a slimey mess. And of course, he stunk up the car for the rest of the trip!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that one tops mine... I remember once our little apricot-mini, Tycho, now deceased, (lived to 18!) went camping and hiking with us. We were a good 3 or 4 miles out from our car and Tycho found a fresh pile of elk poop. He rolled and rolled before I could stop him. :eek: He was covered with it!! We found an irrigation pond in a meadow and I tried washed him, but I didn't have any towels, soap, or hand sanitizer with me.... The water was ice cold too. I had to walk miles back to the car with elk poop on my hands with him a slimey mess. And of course, he stunk up the car for the rest of the trip!
WOW! That is bad :eek:

Luckily I was able to drop my lil guy off and get it taken care of! They cut must of the hair out but in a couple spots it was to clumped... so it`ll grow out and/or wear off.

He's all clean and trimmed now too so that's a plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts