Poodle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your poodle carefully examine you?

I’ve been getting acupuncture recently and Peggy has to investigate every spot afterwards. Same thing today after a dental cleaning; she had to thoroughly sniff my mouth before we could drive home. I got a sunburn a couple of weeks ago, and she’s still monitoring that. And the eczema on my ankles? That gets a daily check, too.

I think I am in good hands* with Dr. Poodle.

*Sorry. Paws.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Lol Misha does this too! Every little scratch and spot gets thoroughly sniffed.

But also my ex has a flat mole on his back and Misha firmly believed it was a piece of his dog treat and kept trying to pick it up with his teeth. Once we realized what he was doing the laughing ensued.

I guess I do the same when he gets scratches though!

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Injuries get a thorough inspection, but so do haircuts. Where did I go, who washed my hair, which shampoo and conditioner did she use, what other products did she use? She puts wet nose to clean hair. Then Mia snorts, which she usually does to show displeasure, but in this case I think she's just clearing the odors from her nose (at least that's what I tell myself).

·
Administrator
14,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Injuries get a thorough inspection, but so do haircuts. Where did I go, who washed my hair, which shampoo and conditioner did she use, what other products did she use? She puts wet nose to clean hair. Then Mia snorts, which she usually does to show displeasure, but in this case I think she's just clearing the odors from her nose (at least that's what I tell myself).
Lol. Peggy often does a snort after an exceptionally deep sniff. Hard not to be offended sometimes.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Lol Misha does this too! Every little scratch and spot gets thoroughly sniffed.

But also my ex has a flat mole on his back and Misha firmly believed it was a piece of his dog treat and kept trying to pick it up with his teeth. Once we realized what he was doing the laughing ensued.

I guess I do the same when he gets scratches though!
I hope he had that place checked out - lots of dogs are able to pick up on a malignant growth.

·
Super Moderator
5,052 Posts
My guys have never been that interested. I knew someone whose horse, however, became utterly fascinated with her leg: repeatedly sniffing and nibbling at it. Osteosarcoma. 🥺

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.