Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, DON'T YOU JUST LOVE POODLES?? They have to be the best ever... what other friend would follow you wherever you go, no matter what, room to room, state to state... and all they want in the whole world is just to be as close to you as possible. I've met a lot of dogs and have never known any to be this people-loving and devoted... you are everything to them and they will never let you down!

·
Registered
96 Posts
:rock: hell yes they are!!!!!!!!!! Love em!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when Jake gives me little kisses when he knows he's been naughty!! And when he's tired he crawls onto my lap, puts his little head on my shoulder, so i cuddle him and he goes to sleep on me :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LoL, They certainly are fun to groom :) and my standards always draw a crowd, especialy when they are together. Seems like there is just something about a standard poodle that impresses people. Jazz had quite a following at the vet clinic today at any rate.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
SO lovable! Loves hugs, loves just being with you and something else I am finding interesting is how SMART Olie really is.

All my dogs are crated at night and when we are gone, well when they are out playing Olie will get one of the Poms to go in his crate maybe to have a drink of water then Olie will come out and shut his crate door while Aoki or Coco is still on his crate! He will wait a few seconds and then open it up! How funny is that?!:clap2:

When we tie them all 3 out Olie will pull on their leash to get them to come closer to him, it soooo cute. We are in love :in-love:with Olie - all of dogs, Olie has a personality of a loving big brother - and he's the youngest!

·
Registered
741 Posts
the one thing that i love about todd is that he has made me laugh everyday since i got him

he is my hot water bottle at night

he is my baby .. but best of all he is my little friend xxx

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I remember a while back (before I got Desmond) my brother asked me "What do you think the best breed of dog is?" I answered "Poodles." He, being a typical guy, didn't believe me and brushed it off, even though I explained that they were absolutely WONDERFUL and just about the sweetest, smartest, most loving dogs ever.

When we decided to get Desmond, I told my dad I was getting a poodle and he reacted the same way. Kind of "Ehhh really? A poodle? Can't you get an actual DOG instead?" xD

But after only a few weeks, they were both absolutely addicted to him. Dad loves wrestling and playing with him, and is surprised at how well behaved he is. My brother, Mark, actually was talking to me a few weeks ago and he said that he was really thinking about getting a poodle when he gets his first dog!! I was so happy! I didn't hesitate to say "I told you so". ;)

It just goes to show that after spending a little time with a poodle, even people who hated them can do a complete 180 into poodle lovers!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have had other breeds over the years, have had one Dobe most of my adult life (still have one :)) but I have to say, I wish I had met the standard poodle years ago. I am totally in love with all three of my girls (and spoospirits two). They are lovable, loyal, fun, funny, smart, intuitive and, as you said, follow you EVERYWHERE... I can't even use the bathroom facilities or shower without them sitting next to me or laying on the floor waiting for me. My dobe just hangs out on her bed or whatever unless I am going outside and she thinks she is going to get to play ball or puts her toy in my lap letting me know she wants me to play fetch with her...lol... otherwise she just hangs out by herself.

Not the poodles, I can't cook without having to step over three bodies on the kitchen floor and I can't say how many times I have stepped back and stepped on a foot, and you know, they never yipe, and are never afraid of being stepped over or around, they just lay there as long as I don't leave the room. AND I LOVE having Grace come in bed with me, and she loves it too. I don't let her sleep with me (not enough room for her and my husband in the bed anyway..lol) but when he is not there I let her come in bed with me and I love it but she does fidget a little and I couldn't sleep with that! She does sleep on the floor right next to my bed though and wakes me up in the morning with nice cold nose touches and she knows she is going to get kisses. It will be interesting when the pups are older and able to be loose all night and having all three sleeping in the room next to my bed... lol... I can see me getting up in the night and trying to play "dodge poodle" in the dark. :).
Anyway, I agree 110%... Poodles RULE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have two poodle and one havanese shadow! If I move, they move, especially my havanese. I swear that little boy sleeps with one eye open.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy sleeps with one eye open! If I so much as walk 4 feet across the room, he follows me. Sometimes I feel like I'm inconveniencing him. Haha

Jester's Mom - Mine was born with velcro all over him. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts