Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has any advice: My beautiful and otherwise loving Standard has developed over the last six months some not so friendly behaviours towards other dogs. We have done several obediance classes, so it is not that he hasn't been exposed to other dogs. I find it is especially when he is on leash. If he meets another dog, he is fine until the dog wants to sniff or especially gets in his face. He has snapped at other dogs. The obediance instructer said that he just needs exposure but I am finding it difficult to facilitate that, as I am afraid that he may bite another dog...any suggestions how to get him over this!!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for you great tips. I read the links that all of you included and they were really helpful. The point about protecting your dog from rude dogs does make sense to me and respecting his individual personality. I think that Schumann is not so much aggressive as being defensive and fearful of other dogs invading his space. We are able to go out on walks with other dogs and can pass by strange dogs on walks without a big show. We will continue to work on it, but maybe I will not feel like such a bad dog trainer in the future!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.