Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after buzzing around on the forum trying to look for posts to see why Ted has been having green stool for the past few days, I see that a lot of people here feed their dogs organic food.

I think I'm the only one here that feeds their dog Purina. Don't shoot me! :scared: I was looking at the ingredients from the new food that my mom bought him: Purina Moist and Meaty.

It's funny how my mom stresses eating organic food and non-processed, generic food, but we feed our dog crap. If I dare mention the idea of changing his dog food, I'll have an earful. :argue:

Mind you, my mother is from Haiti, where dogs roam around the place like it's nothing, like pigeons in New York City: they're just there. She even complained when I bought him new toys yesterday. :rolffleyes:

Anyway, how I can feed him healthy food (like veggies for treats) while finishing up his current dog food?

If feeding the dog was up to me, I'd buy him small bags of food for trial periods, then gradually shift him over to organic food. -__-

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
You should idelaly spend a week to two weeks transferring a dog to a new food. SO that will use up most of the rest.

and yes purina is crap. As is anything you can buy at walmart, grocery store, or most vet offices. It's high levels of corn and nto uch good stuff. BUt it does meet the minimum requirements nutritionally to keep the dog alive.

There are many bonus's to better quality foo. With less fillers you feed less- so even though the bag is more expensive it can last longer. LEss fillers also means less poop.

Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should idelaly spend a week to two weeks transferring a dog to a new food. SO that will use up most of the rest.

and yes purina is crap. As is anything you can buy at walmart, grocery store, or most vet offices. It's high levels of corn and nto uch good stuff. BUt it does meet the minimum requirements nutritionally to keep the dog alive.

There are many bonus's to better quality foo. With less fillers you feed less- so even though the bag is more expensive it can last longer. LEss fillers also means less poop.

Cheers
Less poop? I'm so down with that. :) And from what I see, I can get really good deals on organic dog food from the health food stores my mom shops at all the time. Also with the Petco Pet Pals card.

Thanks. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts