Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered that Sisko likes moist treats the best. Sisko is wondering if anyone has any recommendations for him. He likes Zeke's duck treats the best. Sisko said thank you in advance馃榿

Registered
Diced roast chicken! Misha declares it is superior to "dog treats" and I can buy it pre cooked. It is our super high value treat. For normal treats we use Real Meat dog food as treats. Usually their lamb. It's like a soft jerky.

Super Moderator
If Sisko is really set on dog treats, grab a bag of the chicken and apple sausage Top Chews at Costco. They don't always have them, but when they do I stock up. They break apart really easily, so they go a long way. And Peggy never gets sick of them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Plain old mozzarella string cheese! It's easy to pull off little bits, but sometimes I'll let Peggy nibble the end if I want to keep her attention while we're walking past something scary or exciting.
I want to eat the cheese馃槀. Okay, I will get some string cheese should it be low sodium? Sisko loves cheese.

checks off 2 treats for Sisko

Registered
I second chicken - I cook plain breast for treats, as it is not greasy. No additives, no preservatives, just a few chunks from a bag in the freezer defrosted for half an hour or so.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Diced roast chicken! Misha declares it is superior to "dog treats" and I can buy it pre cooked. It is our super high value treat. For normal treats we use Real Meat dog food as treats. Usually their lamb. It's like a soft jerky.
Okay, awesome. Thank you! What store do you buy it from? I have Fred Meyer, and Safeway I could get it from.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
If Sisko is really set on dog treats, grab a bag of the chicken and apple sausage Top Chews at Costco. They don't always have them, but when they do I stock up. They break apart really easily, so they go a long way. And Peggy never gets sick of them.

View attachment 467506
Thank you! I think Sisko will love these. I will tell him that they are Peggy approved.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I second chicken - I cook plain breast for treats, as it is not greasy. No additives, no preservatives, just a few chunks from a bag in the freezer defrosted for half an hour or so.
Okay, thank you馃榿

Registered
They also make the freeze dried treats in bigger pieces, like jerky. My girls have always loved them. It keeps them busy for awhile since they're little but it's a good chew type treat to keep them occupied for a bit. I'd imagine it'd only last like 15-20min for a spoo though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
They also make the freeze dried treats in bigger pieces, like jerky. My girls have always loved them. It keeps them busy for awhile since they're little but it's a good chew type treat to keep them occupied for a bit. I'd imagine it'd only last like 15-20min for a spoo though.
Thanks guys! Sisko loves his Sojos too. We get them from Mudbay sometimes. @Mufar42 which is Renn's favorite? @Whoiscoconut what are your girls favorite?

Registered
Discussion Starter #18

View attachment 467506
They're also on Amazon too, so if I can't get them from Costco than I will get them on Amazon. I looked on chewy too, but they don't have them.

Super Moderator
They're also on Amazon too, so if I can't get them from Costco than I will get them on Amazon. I looked on chewy too, but they don't have them.
I think they're something crazy like $15 cheaper at Costco. That's why I stock up. :)

There's something on Chewy called True Chews, which has the exact same ingredients. It's gotta be the same product. We've bought them before and can't tell the difference.

Peggy also goes crazy for the chicken pot pie flavour.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts