Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
We do AKC venue sports including obedience and rally obedience currently. In the past Lily and I have done agility (I can run anymore) and we dabble in tracking.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
We've competed in agility, obedience, rally and nosework. My older dog also has all the AKC trick dog titles. Her favorite sport is nose work.

What sports are you considering?

Reactions: Beesknees

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Conformation, agility, obedience. I want to try tracking and scent work when our club opens classes again. I really miss seeing everyone, both people and dogs!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Parkour, mainly. My GSD and APBT are titled in five different organizations. I hope to title my SPoo puppy when he's old enough.

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
308 Posts
We’re training for obedience, rally, and agility foundations. All the cool stuff is closed though, can’t wait until the fields and clubs open back up. I think nosework would be a lot of fun when I can find a class.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
We enjoy agility and have done rally foundations which was fun and we might pursue it more. I think each sport helps build a different part of your relationship with your dog. So doing different ones can be fun in different ways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We've competed in agility, obedience, rally and nosework. My older dog also has all the AKC trick dog titles. Her favorite sport is nose work.

What sports are you considering?
I’m not sure yet, I wanted to see what some of y’all’s favorites were and what your pups enjoyed :)

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
My favorite dog sport is Flyball. Followed by dock diving, and agility.
We tried flyball with Lily and Peeves and quickly decided not to continue. We found it did nothing to promote our bonds with them and it made us really worried over the potential for physical injuries to their shoulders from repetitive stress when they hit the box to release the ball. Lily loved it just because she is obsessed about tennis balls, but I was happy to stop. The woman who ran the training also stopped because her dogs got hurt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We tried flyball with Lily and Peeves and quickly decided not to continue. We found it did nothing to promote our bonds with them and it made us really worried over the potential for physical injuries to their shoulders from repetitive stress when they hit the box to release the ball. Lily loved it just because she is obsessed about tennis balls, but I was happy to stop. The woman who ran the training also stopped because her dogs got hurt.
Thank you for the warning, I will cross fly ball off the list

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Beesknees do keep taking obedience classes until you and your little puppy have earned the AKC CGC (Canine Good Citizen) or equivalent. This will give you the preparation to be successful in training any dog sport.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Agility and am considering Fast Cat. We tried it at an event and Gracie loved it! The club I belong to is looking at bringing it to our local area too.

A link in case you don’t know Fast Cat, and pics of Grace at her last agility trial.

Fast Cat looks to be a lot of fun! If they have a strong prey drive, they’re a natural.

Attachments

Reactions: 94Magna_Tom
1 - 20 of 29 Posts