Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to cancel all the dog shows in our cluster - May 8-12 in Albuquerque. I just looked on the AKC site and the list of cancelled dog shows is really long. This is really hard on the small clubs who depend on the income from their shows. I'm hoping that we can reschedule our 5 days of shows for a time later this year, but that's not even being discussed yet. I wonder how long this pandemic is going to last.

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Johanna it is hard, but the right thing to do. People have to stay away from each other and this should probably be in force for at least 8 to 10 weeks with an assessment of how things look around week 7. If my Billy Joel tix are any indication, April 10th will now be in the 2nd half of October.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, our cancellation was mandated by our governor. All events planned for more than 50 people are to be cancelled.

I need to go to Costco today to buy potassium for the water softener. When I get home I plan to put my clothes in the wash AND wash my hands thoroughly. Joanne is 87 and diabetic, so I cannot take any chances that she might come down with the virus.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a really funny song on YouTube. If you have been a Simon and Garfunkel fan, you should listen:

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Actually, our cancellation was mandated by our governor. All events planned for more than 50 people are to be cancelled.

I need to go to Costco today to buy potassium for the water softener. When I get home I plan to put my clothes in the wash AND wash my hands thoroughly. Joanne is 87 and diabetic, so I cannot take any chances that she might come down with the virus.
Same thing in this neck of the woods. I have an entry in for a show on April 4th in New Jersey where the same restriction on numbers in a gathering are in place. It is a small trial and assuming good weather it would be easy to work from the car to keep ourselves spread out, but we may get cancelled even though we should not be more than 50 people. A number of us will have more than one dog entered (Lily for rally master and Jevelin for novice obedience) which reduces total number of people. Time will tell.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Where I live all dog related activities are suspended for at least two weeks but we are worried it’s for longer. No trials, no classes and some clubs have also canceled private time in the building. There have been tons of emails back and forth deciding what to do, in the end the state and county told all to shut down.

·
Registered
932 Posts
NACSW has cancelled all nosework events through May 10th. My club is closed due to local public health recommendation. Two upcoming outdoor trials have not been called yet, tracking (which involves a small number of people) and agility.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My trainer usually only has about 5 people in a class. Her plan is to hold most classes out of doors, and we are to stay spread out with at least 6 feet between us but likely more. This seems reasonable. However, it seems like all the virus information and recommendations keeps changing every 24 hours. This may seem completely unreasonable by the end of the week! I'm not ready to admit that my agility class may very well be cancelled before it ever begins...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Our next obedience class was cancelled today. Since some of the boys (no girls!) in the last group were overly friendly and some were not so friendly, 6 feet apart would have been much too close. Oh well, we haven't done much practice in our off weeks.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is sad Johanna. I loved meeting you at your shows last year. I was supposed to be at a show in Vegas next weekend, that has of course been cancelled (though they were adamant on their fb page that the show would go on for quite awhile.) With PCA being cancelled a lot of show poodle people find themselves not knowing what to do. It’s extremely frustrating for all the puppies who were to show at pca (they can’t show in the puppy trim again) and all the specials that were being kept in hair for PCA. Most show poodles only have 1-2 opportunities to show at PCA because of the hair. It’s a bummer but I am also quite enjoying home isolation. Luna got purple accents this week heh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts