Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a dog show this weekend at the fairgrounds in my neighborhood so you bet your butt im going!!! I have ALL day Saturday off so im going to see as many breeds as i can. My friend is showing her gorgeous black Cocker Spaniel at 9 am that morning. I will get there earlier to watch the LH Chihuahuas because ive never seen any at the shows.
Other breeds im planning on seeing are Dobermans, Rotts, PWD, Bullmastiff, Am Staffs, and of course the SPOOS!!! There are 3 females, 8 males, and i think 3 champions entered. Oh and of course the Newfies too!

I want to take some pics but i dont know if im allowed to....

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
sure you can take pictures of the rings, I do all the time. Video's too.

Have fun !!! Don't forget to shop around at the various venders that may be there, you can find all sorts of things be they useful or just fun :) I can't wait till our shows here in March, hope it;s not to cold for baby to come a long but I guess thats what grandma's are for if it is LoL.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, pics from ringside are totally fine at shows! Just don't get in the way around the ring entrance (can get clogged with the dogs waiting to go in, others coming out, handlers and holders etc etc!) and you'll be fine! Can't wait to see the pics! We have a rallyo & agility show this weekend too :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
How fun! Please do take pictures and post them in this thread, if you're feeling inspired. I'd love to live vicariously through you!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Definitely take pics!! Then share them with all your friends here....lol. :)

I am sure you are going to very much enjoy your day!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok i DEFINATELY will be taking pics then!!! I am also going to be looking for a Snood, a new silver show choker and possibly a show lead (thin black leather one). I love looking at all the stuff the venders have there.
So is it ok to bring Mister or no because he's not in any shows? My friend (the one showing) said i could and if someone asked i could just say he's in rallyo or something lol. But im scared that'll get me kicked out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have fun~

I love going to dog shows even when we are not entered (Rally or obedience)
The atmosphere is awesome and I love vendor shopping.

Can't wait to see the pictures

Will anyone be coming to Pgh in March?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
if your friend reckons it's ok, then it will be. I think some places overseas can be touchy about non-show dogs being there, but if there's rally-o or obedience or anything else going on, then they can't be touchy about it!!

In NZ, I take Paris along to any dog show I can, regardless of being entered or not! As long as Mister is well behaved and you're not letting him be a pain with the dogs in the ring or getting ready, then you'll be fine taking him too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts