Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heart of the Plains Kennel Club dog show Lubbock TX 2009.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=108514868&albumId=2626924

I had a lot of fun. I met a couple of handlers, all were very nice. I didn't go during the morning, but got there in plenty of time for the Standard Poodles. I believe Cbrands puppy is the third and last black puppy. I tried really hard to get a good pic but couldn't. She was beautiful and wonderfully behaved. She was better than some of the adults. The white, male Standard Poodle won the breed. He was stunning! I noticed a lot of the male spoos were really small. Some of the pics aren't that great, I just got a new camera.

Funniest Quote of the day: "They're a terrier; they were bred to go after the very biggest rats. People." From the Black Russian Terrier handler during the best of match. I was really enamored w/ the toy group too. The toy Poodle was darling! The Maltese and Shih Tzus were the very picture of perfection. The Shih Tzu handler explained that the majority of the dogs she brought were from two litters born on the same day. Her liver and white female won the breed, which was surprising to me. I've always heard liver Tzus were discriminated against. The Japanese Chin was really cute and there was a Pomeranian puppy that was the single cutest thing I've ever seen.

I have a lot of video too, but I'm not sure how or where to upload it. I'll work on it though.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
So glad you had fun. I knew you would. Going to shows can be addictive. So much to see, so little time. Enjoyed your pics. Loved the terrier quote!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think everyone should go to at least one PP. A lot of the dogs are just amazing in person. The Maltese in particular were more stunning than any pic I've ever seen. It's also neat to see what some breeds are really supposed to look like, LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts