Poodle Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Interesting Jojogal001. I can see why you would think differently. It sounds more like a human park. I have never been to an off leash dog park that was not dog focused.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
It is a huge dog park. There were probably 30 or more dogs. Just no one was paying attention. I saw one man playing frisbee with his dog while we were at the shore of the lake throwing a stick into the water for her to swim out and get. This group knew each other and probably came at the same time each day and let their dogs run wild. Lots of chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I think when most refer to a dog park here they refer to a fenced in area that is primarily just for dogs to run off leash and not a park for people. I think baldwin park is primarily a park for people that happens to be dog friendly and allows them to be off leash. Different scenarios . Its funny we we are on a message board we tend to think of what is familiar to us, me I always think of a dog park and a fenced in areas having different sections for different sized dogs and rules & regulations. I think that your park is a pretty cool place, though myself I probably wouldn't leave my dog off leash to run unless he were bullet proof with his training. You re fortunate to have such a park.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
We often have up to 30 dogs ( other times very few). But no one sits around unless they are disabled. And everyone keeps a close eye on the dogs. Except for a few naive newbies who the longtimers then do their best to educate.

My dog is pretty bulletproof, but I would definitely be keeping an eye on the others.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We often have up to 30 dogs ( other times very few). But no one sits around unless they are disabled. And everyone keeps a close eye on the dogs. Except for a few naive newbies who the longtimers then do their best to educate.

My dog is pretty bulletproof, but I would definitely be keeping an eye on the others.
Where I live, just walking your dog on the street is a challenge. Three times Ricky was rushed by dogs from stupid owners who thought their dog was fine off the leash, in a town that requires dogs on leashes. One time the stupid owner told me to keep my dog off 'their' street.

Would I allow Ricky in a dog park? If the humans weren't there, perhaps.* It's the owners that are the problem, and the humans don't think they have to control their dogs.

*JK. I wouldn't allow any dog of mine in a dog park.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
One time the stupid owner told me to keep my dog off 'their' street.

Geez..another classic of the new "me" society. I really despise inconsiderate rude people. If your dog doesn't behave and annoys another dog don't take him back until you know why and are confidant it won't happen again. Don't expect others to accept your dogs behavior, just apologize and leave. Its simple respect others.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts