Poodle Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
3,110 Posts
Some months later I'm still taking Ragamuffin daily to dog parks. He has a play if it's all friendly, if not, we move on and he's quick to come with me.

I wanted to share this pic (Raggy has since been clipped and is now looking very sleek) - each weekend he has a lovely romp with a whole bunch of dogs he knows (they are always so happy to see each other), including this young dalmation from a week ago.

Raggy loves holding on to his lead and flying all over the park with him. The owner is fine with it as he doesn't seem to damage the lead that much (it's an old lead, makes her feel like she has more control) and the dalmation likes him. She also thinks that Raggy keeps her dog from running away too far. Not sure about that theory but they have a great time.
What an adorable picture! He's just making sure his doggy friends stays and plays with him, lol!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Dalmatians have a well earned reputation of running off.
Eric

Reactions: kmart

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Some months later I'm still taking Ragamuffin daily to dog parks. He has a play if it's all friendly, if not, we move on and he's quick to come with me.

I wanted to share this pic (Raggy has since been clipped and is now looking very sleek) - each weekend he has a lovely romp with a whole bunch of dogs he knows (they are always so happy to see each other), including this young dalmation from a week ago.

Raggy loves holding on to his lead and flying all over the park with him. The owner is fine with it as he doesn't seem to damage the lead that much (it's an old lead, makes her feel like she has more control) and the dalmation likes him. She also thinks that Raggy keeps her dog from running away too far. Not sure about that theory but they have a great time.
Love this photo!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
I only go to the small dog side and only if there is one or two dogs there. Mine don't like to interact with other dogs they just sniff around a little and then come sit by me. All GiGi does is try and get me to pick her up. The only one that really enjoys going to the park is Sasha my blind girl. She will actually run around. And there I am running around in front of her making sure there are no branches or anything she can get hurt on. My husband thinks I am over protective but my girl has and will never get hurt on my watch.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I only go to the small dog side and only if there is one or two dogs there. Mine don't like to interact with other dogs they just sniff around a little and then come sit by me. All GiGi does is try and get me to pick her up. The only one that really enjoys going to the park is Sasha my blind girl. She will actually run around. And there I am running around in front of her making sure there are no branches or anything she can get hurt on. My husband thinks I am over protective but my girl has and will never get hurt on my watch.

What a good poodle mama you are!
I plan to start taking the girls to the park when we will likely find it empty so that tiny Trulee can get a chance to run around - hopefully she and Timi will just play with one another because Trulee will never be big enough that I can trust other dogs with her. Timi is almost always the smallest dog on the small dog side and she only manages because of her extreme speed and agility. Trulee is a clumsy little baby that I can barely keep safe with Timi...

81 - 86 of 86 Posts