Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading an article on some random blog about wedding gifts and saw these dog breed pillows listed as a suggestion. https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/dog-blueprint-pillows

They looked like a cute idea and of good quality, and thought I would love a couple Poodle pillows in our home! Clicked on the page and started scrolling through the drop-down list of dog breeds to find Poodle. Overpriced in my opinion, but the decision not to buy was clinched when I saw Goldendoodle on the list. It is the only non pure-bred in the long list of actual breeds.

Not surprised, but still :argh: If they are gonna include one mutt, why not more? There are some puggles in my neighborhood, and terrier beagle mixes, etc.

I would also prefer they had a different clip shown for the Poodle - would have liked to see a Miami or Sporting clip to better show the dog's body. :alberteinstein: Always thinking of small ways to encourage others I know to consider Poodles as more than the stereotype. :angel:

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Oh I really like it! I love the regal head of a beautifully groomed poodle. I also really like that site. I bought a lot of Christmas gifts through them. My SIL did also.

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
This is one of the rare dog pillows that I really love - what a fresh take on a "dog" pillow. But you can't clearly see what is written about the poodle, I can't even see the detail on how the poodle is drawn. So I'm passing - I don't need expensive pillows when I have the real thing lounging on my couch. haha.

It is upsetting to see a Goldendoodle mixed in with pure breeds, however it's a commercial site and they will sell whatever people will buy. I'm seeing lots of poodle mixes - gawd, the crazy dogs people will pay premium prices for when they could go to the local pound and get them cheap.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
126$ for a pillow + tax + shipping ! That’s more than 150$ for a pillow.

Wow, for that price, it better bring you breakfast in the morning...

I don’t like the poodle picture, I think the mouth and the eyes look weird.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Skylar that is cool too, not a pillow, which we don't need, but a blueprint of a poodle to be framed and hanging on the wall. I see you can get that personalized with name(s) of dogs too. That could get me. Gotta go back and check if there is also a GSD that is nice looking.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Bahaha if you click to view the picture of the “doodle” (mutt) pillow you’ll see it looks different than the other pillows. Somehow they have found a few defining characteristics that they (whoever made these pillows) have decided should be standardized in these mixed breeds. Like a high set tail carried up? I don’t think I have ever seen a “doodle” in my life with a high set, carried up tail. It’s even common to see a poodle without a high tail set. The rest of the breeds have a description of why they were bred and the history. Of course the “doodle” has nothing of this sort since there is no history and no reason for them to be bred besides $$$. That really amused me haha.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
OMG! I thought I was splurging when I bought a large couch pillow at Target for $20. I don't find these pillows all that attractive and I wouldn't decorate with something too theme-heavy even if it is a poodle. But that's just my own personal preference I guess. Thanks though for posting it. Someone might like it and want to buy it. I can buy another Instant Pot for that. (almost) I feel better about my pillow (actually 3) from Target. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts