Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of bed do you like for your dog and why?

Do you know where to get the best deals on dog beds?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
you will probably see in other threads that we use the sheepskins from Costco.. :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, my bad!
We don't have Costcos here..I'll have to check them out online.

I was curious about those 'slumber nest' type beds...the big ball things.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's so unfair about the Costco's.

I believe the closest one is over an hour away!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Only one hour ! I drive 2.5 either way to get to a big store .....
Sears or Pennys 5 hours away ....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy cow!

I am so thankful for the internet.

One story we don't have close by that I really wish we did:

Ikea

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have never been to an Ikea.What do they have there? i do everything internet.. Love free shipping :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ikea has a lot of really reasonably priced swedish furniture, but they also have cute deco stuff.
The furniture is the kind you have to put together yourself.

It's a HUGE store, it even has a restaurant in it.

I don't think I would have made it through college without Ikea.

The only bad thing is that they don't have a lot to buy online :(

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
My dog prefers the floor, but I love the dog begs that have the raised sides and the liner zips off? If that makes sense?

Like this!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with this bed.

No, my dogs aren't spoiled...why do you ask?

The color is a little obnoxious, but whatever, it was on sale!

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was going to suggest www.overstock.com for a good dog bed. (and many other items... I love their strong xpens and next on my list is a larger agility tunnel. $2.95 for shipping, no matter what... sometimes free shipping. If you purchase one item that has the free shipping, everything with it goes for free too.
Once on their 'list' they will send you specials... and a credit voucher too, down the road.
Bed wise... mine love those round ones where there is a side that comes up like a wide pillow. I know I'm not decribing it well... but if you go on their site you'll see them. They are in the price range of about $60 but I think it's worth it.
You didn't let us know where you got that cool bed that was on sale. Can you share it? :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ugh, TQ's favorite bed is a TINY (umm, try toy poodle size) purple bed made out of taggie like material that I just grabbed on a whim from wal-mart. She will curl herself up to sleep on that tiny bed over any other bed. She is ridiculous.

Currently, Perry is sleeping in a squareish shoe box with blankets in it, seeing as he had the atomic sh*ts from eating half a bag of dog food and poo'd all over his three different beds. I have yet to wash them, as currently my washing machine floods the garage. I'm waiting to do it in my mom's after she leaves tomorrow :D. I'm a terrible daughter.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
My mom swears by these beds from Orvis. They have memory foam in the bottom, and are nice and cushy.

The medium size is big enough to comfortably fit a large greyhound - fyi

·
Registered
448 Posts
Spencer,
Yes, that's the style my dogs like to lay on. Those look really nice but I'd have a hard time spending that much on a bed. I'll stick to the ones at overstock.com
When puppies are about, never fails, they will pee on one of the beds. (Yes, they get too much freedom in the house!)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Ugh, TQ's favorite bed is a TINY (umm, try toy poodle size) purple bed made out of taggie like material that I just grabbed on a whim from wal-mart. She will curl herself up to sleep on that tiny bed over any other bed. She is ridiculous.

Currently, Perry is sleeping in a squareish shoe box with blankets in it, seeing as he had the atomic sh*ts from eating half a bag of dog food and poo'd all over his three different beds. I have yet to wash them, as currently my washing machine floods the garage. I'm waiting to do it in my mom's after she leaves tomorrow :D. I'm a terrible daughter.
LOL You are bad She will wonder what the heck is that smell in my washer HA HA Runs some vinegar through it when you are done ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also use the beds from costco. They are great and inexpensive. I have several around the house. the only problem I have with them is tripping on them lol.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Though.. if you have smaller pets, I've learned it's best to get beds to fit your biggest pet! If the cat hijacks the dogs bed, the dog doesn't really have any choice but to go to the cats.. Sorry for poor quality, it was taken on my cell phone.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, Fluffyspoos, Flip is always trying to fit in Jack's small bed.
That picture is priceless.

I ordered the bed from Foster and Smith. :)
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

I will give a full report when it arrives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts